Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,471   Posts: 1,644,188   Online: 1021

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Contax/Yashica SLRs and lenses, M42 SLRs and lenses, asst rangefinders

Due to an unexpected financial need, I find it necessary to offer for sale a large part of my vintage camera collection, since I don't have any children that I can sell instead.

So I regretfully offer the following items for sale:

C/Y mount cameras and lenses
    1. Contax 137MD w/Yashica ML 50/2 lens and Contax grip.
      The camera body is in excellent cosmetic, mechanical, and electronic condition, except for the (expected) denuded leatherette, and one missing screw to the right of the viewfinder. The viewfinder, mirror, and focus screen are all clean and clear, the meter and shutter are both accurate. I have very recently replaced the light seals and mirror damper.This is a very nice camera. It has been film tested, I will provide sample photos via PM if you are interested.

The lens is also in excellent condition, with no scratches, fungus, or internal dust. The aperture is oil-free and snappy, the focus is smooth and the external cosmetic appearance of the lens is near perfect. It's not the fastest 50 mm lens on the block, but it produces nice sharp images, and has lovely bokeh. It has a rear lens caps, but no front cap, but I will also include a Zeiko UV filter to protect the front of the lens.
      $115USD OBO

2. Yashica FX-D Quartz w/Yashica FX winder and Yashica ML 50mm/1.9 lens
      This camera is in very good user condition, with some brassing evident on the sharp edges, and once again, the famous C/Y denuded leatherette. It is also mechanically and electronically sound, with an accurate meter and shutter. The mirror and focus screen are both clean, but there is some dirt viewable in the viewfinder, but nothing that would hinder composition or focus. I have also recently replaced the light seals and mirror damper.

The lens is in excellent optical and mechanical condition, with no scratches, fungus or internal dust, snappy oil-free aperture and smooth focus. Cosmetically, it is also very clean; however, there is a small dent in the filter ring that precludes the use of a screw-in filter or lens hood unless it is repaired. It has neither front or rear lens caps.

The winder works as it should. Cosmetically, it is in good condition except for worn leatherette.

This camera has also been film tested, I will provide sample photos via PM if you are interested
      $80USD OBO

3. Yashica FX-2 w/Yashica DSB 50mm/1.9 lens and Yashica ever-ready case
      The camera body is in excellent condition, with almost no signs of use. The shutter and light meter both work, and the meter seems accurate when compared to other cameras, but I have not film tested this camera. The leatherette on this camera is also in excellent condition, it is vulcanite, so it should last forever. The mirror could use a gentle cleaning, but I will leave that to the buyer's discretion. This camera needs new light seals and mirror damper, and there are some dirt specks visible in the viewfinder.

The lens is in near-new condition, clean glass, no dust or scratches, snappy oil-free aperture and smooth focus. The rubber grip on the focus ring is loose and needs to be re-glued.
      $45USD OBO

4. Yashica FX-3 Super w/YUS Automatic 28mm/2.8 lens (with 58mm filter ring).
      This camera is clean inside and out. It has an accurate shutter and light meter, clean mirror and focus screen, and a clean and bright viewfinder. The light seals and mirror damper are both in usable condition, but should be replaced before too long. This fully-manual camera is a little gem, and is a joy to use. I have sample photos available from this camera using the ML 50/2 lens listed above.

The lens is somewhat of an enigma, it is not your garden-variety YUS/DSB 28mm/2.8 lens. It is exceptionally well built, heavy, and solid, and is a veritable behemoth of a lens compared to the "ordinary" version. The front element is also much more convex than the common version. I have found absolutely no information at all on this lens, and have no way to judge its fair value, so it is all guesstimation on my part. The lens is in fine optical condition, no dust, fungus, scratches, etc. Cosmetically, it is in very good to excellent condition, with only slight wear marks on the edges of the lens barrel. The lens has a rear cap, and a screw-on flip-open front cap. I have sample photos taken using this lens.
      $75USD OBO

Yashica M42 mount cameras
    1. Yashica TL Electro X ITS w/Yashinon DS 50mm/1.9 lens.
      This one is tough. This fine old camera has been my faithful companion for more than 18 years, and has never let me down once. She even took me back after my sojourn through the digital village. I may cry when I pack her up and send her away. This beautiful black camera is in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition. The light meter is accurate, the electronically-controlled metal copal square shutter is accurate at all of its infinite (up to 1000, anyway) speeds, the mirror and focus screen are clear and clean. There are some dirt specks visible in the viewfinder. The camera body has a minimal amount of brassing on the corners, but this is an attraction rather than I distraction on this camera, IMHO. She has DOF preview and true mirror lock-up. God, I love this camera. New light seals and mirror damper as well. With gentle care she will be good for another 38 years.

The lens is also in excellent condition. the glass is scratch-free, dust free, and fungus free. Smooth focus, clean and snappy aperture. Cosmetically perfect, no scratches or signs of use anywhere. It will come with a rear lens cap, and a Zeiko UV filter to protect the front.

This is an absolutely beautiful manual camera.

$75USD OBO

2. Yashica TL Electro X w/ Mamiya/Sekor 50mm/2 lens
      The twin sister (in chrome) to the ITS listed above. The camera body is in very good condition, with only a tiny bit of oxidation on the front left corner of the prism housing, and a tiny dent in the left top of the prism housing, as well as some scratching on the camera bottom near the tripod mount. The meter works,and is accurate when compared to the ITS, and the shutter seems accurate as well, although I haven't shot a roll with this one yet, because the mirror damper and light seals need to be replaced. Also, the plastic top of the film speed/shutter speed dial is missing, but this in no way affects the functionality of the camera. The view through the viewfinder is near pristine. Overall, a very nice vintage camera.

The lens is also, once again, in excellent condition, with no scratches, dust, fungus or other. Snappy, oil-free aperture, smooth focus, and very pretty. Cosmetically, near perfect as far as I can see, with no scratches or other signs of external wear. I do have sample pictures taken with this lens.

$45USD OBO

Other M42 mount cameras
    1. Fujica AZ-1 w/ Fujinon-Z 43-75mm/3.5~4.5 lens
      This is a very nice example of this compact screw-mount, in near perfect condition. It is an aperture-priority camera, with DOF preview and mirror lock-up. It can also be used in full manual mode, with shutter speeds of 60, 250, and 1000, very handy if your batteries die. The body is in excellent condition, with the possible exception of a tiny ding on the upper front of the prism housing, that almost looks too perfect not to be a design element. The chrome is bright and scratch-free, the leatherette (vulcanaite) looks perfect, the bottom still has the protective plastic on it. The meter works and is accurate when compared to other known accurate cameras, and I have no reason to believe that the shutter is not accurate as well. The mirror, focus screen, and viewfinder are all spotless. The mirror damper and light seals seem to be in usable shape, although it might be a good idea to change the body seals before too long.

The lens is as nice as the camera. Optically perfect, snappy oil-free aperture, smooth focus, with only minimal sign of wear on the mount side, where nobody will ever see it. This is a very nice camera, and may be one of the most compact and full-featured m42-mount cameras ever made.
      $75USD OBO

2. Vivitar 220 S/L (made by Cosina) w/ 35mm Auto 2.8 lens.
      This is a beautiful black camera in near mint condition, inside and out. Working meter, shutter seems accurate but has not been film tested, spotless mirror, viewfinder, and focus screen. The body is near perfect, with just a tiny bit uf brassing near the strap lugs. The mirror foam an light seals seem usable for now, but should be replaced before the camera gets any serious use.

The lens is an unknown quantity. While it is an automatic lens, it has a two-way aperture (not an A/M switch) for use as a manual lens. You turn the ring one way for auto, and the other way for step-down. It seems to be in excellent condition, no scratches, fungus, or dust, with nice smooth focus, but the aperture ring takes some getting used to. Cosmetically, it is perfect.
      $65USD OBO

3. Ricoh Singlex TLS (body only)
      This camera is a bit of a project, but with a little TLC, it should be a good shooter. The body is in user condition, with a good deal of brassing on the front, around the lens mount. The film counter stops at "9", but should be an easy repair. And it has a broken strap lug. The bottom as a couple of dings, and the plastic around the viewfinder has a chip out of it.

Mechanically, it seems sound. The metal Copal square shutter fires at all speeds, and the meter works, but it has not been tested for accuracy. The mirror and focus screen are in good shape, and the viewfinder is clear for a camera of this vintage. The light seals and mirror damper need replacing, and the wires to the flash sockets need to be re-soldered.

Yep, this old Ricoh is a little rough around the edges, but it is built like a tank, solid and heavy, and with a little TLC, could make a nice spare body or rough-use camera for your M42 collection.
      $10USD OBO

Other SLR Cameras
    1. Nikon EM (body only)
      Good condition with signs of normal wear, working light meter and automatic functions. This one is complete and operational, with the exception of a missing rewind crank.
      $20USD OBO

2. Nikon EM (body only)
      Excellent condition, working meter and automatic functions, bright and shiny with minimal signs of use. This one was originally bought as a "parts" camera, primarily to replace the rewind crank on the first one. It was sold as "complete, but no meter". When I got it, I popped in some batteries, and lo and behold, the meter works fine. So that is how I came to own two Nikon EM cameras, and no Nikon lenses.
      $40USD OBO

C/Y lenses
    1. Tamron Adaptall bbar 80-210mm 1:3.8 1:4/210 Tele Macro lens, with Adaptall 2 mount for Contax/Yashica
      This is a very nice zoom lens in excellent condition. No scratches, fungus, or internal dust, oil-free and snappy aperture, smooth zoom and focus, and cosmetically in near perfect condition. This lens is complete, with original front and rear lens caps, lens hood, and will also include a Vivitar polarizing filter.
      $55USD OBO

2. RMC Tokina 35-105mm 1:3.5~4.3 Zoom with close-focus adjustment
      Another unknown quantity here. Cosmetically, the lens looks to be in very good condition, wish smooth zoom and focus, clean optics with no scratches, fungus, or dust, oil free aperture, etc. But when at minimal focal length, the internal front element contacts the front element, and this has left a circular abrasion on the interior of the front element. I don't know if this will effect image quality, though I doubt it, and it may very well be normal for this lens, but once again, I doubt it. So I'm not going to ask, or expect, a lot for it, since I haven't film tested it yet.
      $15USD OBO

M42 Mount Lenses
    1. Pentax Super-Takumar 55/2
      This lens is in beautiful condition, with the exception of a loose focus scale. Clean glass, no scratches, fungus, or dust, oil-free and snappy. Focus is smooth as silk. It's not the fastest of the 55mm Taks, but it has a wonderful smooth bokeh. This lens has a rear cap, but no front cap. I will include a Massa UV filter to protect the front, as well as a Vivitar #1 Close-up filter.
      $40USD OBO

2. JCPenney Multi Coated135mm/2.8 lens
      Yep. JCPenney. But don't laugh. This is a very well constructed, solid portrait lens in absolutely perfect condition. There is nothing wrong with it, either optically, mechanically, or cosmetically. No dust, fungus, scratches, oil, scuffs, scrapes, dings, or dents. It looks as though it just came off of the shelves yesterday. And according to the folks a mflenses, it is a solid performer. Comes complete with screw-on rear lens cap, and wonderful metal lens cap with "JCPenney" boldly written in white on the front. Say it loud and say it proud.
      $35USD OBO

Rangefinder Cameras
    1. Minolta Hi-Matic 9 (Easy Flash)
      This camera is in excellent cosmetic, mechanical, and electronic condition. The Viewfinder and rf patch are both clear and bright, the shutter and aperture are working perfectly, as are the automatic functions. There is no corrosion in the battery compartment, the meter is accurate, the leatherette is clean and unmarked. I put new light seals in it less then a month ago. This is a great rangefinder camera.
      $50USD OBO

2. Konica C35 Automatic
      Light-tight, accurate meter and automatic function, clear viewfinder and RF patch, cosmetically excellent with a great lens. And it fits in your pocket. The perfect vintage rangefinder.
      $50USD OBO

3. Yashica M (aka Minister I)
      A rare early Yashica Rangefinder, made even more rare by its fast 45mm/1.9 lens, the "M" was Yashica's first camera with a built-in light meter, and after 50 years, the meter still works. This is a beautiful camera that needs some TLC. Although it is mechanically sound, and the shutter and aperture are working fine, the rf patch is very dim. It needs a new beamsplitter, and would benefit greatly from a CLA. Cosmetically, it is in very nice condition, except a previous owner rather sloppily engraved a name into the back of the camera top. Still a beautiful and unique camera, with a hidden rewind crank that pops out of a recess in the bottom of the camera.
      $45USD OBO

That's about it, folks.

Sample shots from the cameras and lenses that I film tested can be found on my flickr page. I also have flashes, cases, bags, straps and such. If I have a case for the camera, it will ship in the case. If you need a flash, ask me, I will throw one in if I have one. I will ship only to the continental US and Canada, payment would be by paypal, prices don't include shipping. I'd prefer to keep the camera/lens combos together as listed, but everything is negotiable. Any other questions, or if you need additional info or digicam snaps of the gear, just ask.
    Last edited by elcabezagrande; 09-16-2010 at 12:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    ETA The Contax also will ship with a Sunpak Auto 422 D Thyristor flash with Contax module, and the Hippie strap seen in this photo:

IM005416 by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quick digital snapshot of the Hi-Matic 9

IM005450 by Greyscale3, on Flickr

And a shot of the Yashica M:

Yashica M by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    TL Electro X ITS, taken with the FX-D and YUS 28mm:

Yashica TL Electro-X ITS by Greyscale3, on Flickr

FX-D with the Tamron zoom; that is the YUS 28mm in the shot also, taken with the TL Electro X ITS and DS 50/1.7:

FX D Quartz by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yashica M:

Yashica M by Greyscale3, on Flickr

JCPenney 135/2.8

JCPenney 135/2.8 by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Konica C35 Automatic:

Konica C35 Automatic by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Vivitar 220/SL:

Vivitar 220/SL by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Yashica FX-D:

Yashica FX-D Quartz w/Winder by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Nikon EM (2):

A Pair of Nikon EMs by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Ricoh Singlex TLS:

Ricoh Singlex TLS by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Pentax Super Takumar 55/2:

Super Takumar 55/2 by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Yashica FX-2:

Yashica FX-2 by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Yashica TL Electro X:

Yashica TL Electro X by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Fujica AZ 1:

Fujica AZ 1 by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Tokina Zoom:

Tokina Zoom by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Yashica FX-3 Super:

Yashica FX-3 by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Tamron Zoom:

Tamron Zoom by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Last edited by elcabezagrande; 09-16-2010 at 12:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sale pending on the Hi-Matic

Shooter
    35mm RF
    PM sent on the Konica c35

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    PM sent to Ray re:KonicaC35 Automatic, sale pending.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Update: $30 takes both Nikons, and I think I asked too much for the Vivitar, $35 seems more reasonable. Don't be shy about making reasonable offers on the rest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin