Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,853   Online: 960

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Marchioni Bros. 4602 Tiltall Tripod

Buy a piece of photographic history! I recently replaced the cork pad (see photo). Everything works fine. $ 85.00 plus actual shipping to US only.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC04227.JPG   DSC04229.JPG   DSC04230.JPG   DSC04231.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Priced reduced to 65.00 plus shipping

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow - this design was sure cloned. Mine was made by Star-D Mfg. Co., Inc. New York NY.

Yours looks to be in better shape. My elevation and rotation lock shaft ends were originally some type of thermoplastic, and have long ago broken off.
    They now have washers fitted into the end of the shaft to give something to grip onto.

I have used this tripod in all sorts of weather to support my crown graphic, and it is solid.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    These are the best tripods for the money. Mine is identical to this and confidently supports a bulky, heavy and metal 4x5" monorail camera.

Center column can flip upside down allowing you to put the camera at ground level as well.

A good buy, if only I needed another....
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm

RE: Tiltall Tripod

Do you still have this for sale? Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Interested in this tripod. Please email me jaycoble@gmail.com. Thank you!

Shooter
    35mm

Marchioni tripod

How much is shipping to 90740 Seal Beach CA. How do I go about BUYING it? I am used to E-bay......Thanks Larry vozel9@msn.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    At a Nikon Workshop in the mid 'seventies the instructors recommended "But your last tripod first." They demonstrated a Tiltall ( then made by Leitz ) I finally got one a few years later, and after decades of struggling with tripods; this is indeed my last.

Wish a Canadian dealer could have produced a Macheroni Tiltall in 1956. "No such thing!" I would have been spared much grief.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I WILL TAKE IT IF IT IS FOR SALE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    These are the best tripods for the money. Mine is identical to this and confidently supports a bulky, heavy and metal 4x5" monorail camera.

Center column can flip upside down allowing you to put the camera at ground level as well.

A good buy, if only I needed another....
    No disrespect to the Tiltall; I like them fine. But I think they definitely leave a lot to be desired when used with larger cameras. They will get the job done, but man, the second you move up to a more robust tripod for 4x5, you are going to say, "Wow! So this is what a solid tripod feels like!" This one looks nice, and reasonably priced, though.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin