Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,694   Posts: 1,482,487   Online: 971

Shooter
    ULarge Format

FS: 127mm Ektar and 135mm Optar in shutters

I've got two spare lenses that I'll sell for $50 apiece, plus shipping ($5 USA domestic).

They're both eminently usable lenses, and I'll described their defects as accurately as possible to avoid those "surprises" that often greet an eBay buyer. I don't consider any of the defects terribly significant (except for the stiff shutter), but if you're looking for mint lenses, look away.

As usual, the buyer can return either lens for any (or no) reason for a refund.

#1 - Kodak 127mm f/4.7 Ektar, Luminized (coated) in Graphic Supermatic (X).

Other than cleaning wisps, there are no scratches or fungus on the lens, but there's some internal dust in the front cell and what resembles a faint fingerprint on the rear cell, also seemingly internal. I simply don't have the time to take the cells apart and clean them.

I haven't tested the shutter speeds, but they all seem to be appropriate. The one problem with the shutter is that the speed ring is very difficult to turn. It's stiff to begin with, and the knurling around the ring is of a rather smooth type, and difficult to grasp.

Sorry, I don't have a mounting ring for this lens; comes with a front lenscap, though!

#2 - Graflex 135mm f/4.7 Optar, coated, in Graflex shutter.

The glass has some cleaning wisps, as might be expected. The front cell has a bit of cloudiness off-center. Seems, again, to be internal. It's not enough to worry about, but it is visible.

The shutter functions correctly, although I haven't tested the speeds.

Comes with a mounting ring.

So, either lens for $50, or let's say, $90 for both, plus shipping. That should be $5 for USPS domestic Priority Mail. Satisfaction guaranteed, or return (you pay the shipping) for a refund. Paypal accepted.

Charley
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 135-Optar.jpg   127-Ektar.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doe either of the lenses seem accurate at a speed of 1 second. I am interested in both.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Doe either of the lenses seem accurate at a speed of 1 second. I am interested in both.
    I'm glad you asked, as I should not have been so lazy as to not test these shutters.

On the Graphex/Optar, the slowest speed setting on the speed dial is 1 sec. At that setting, the shutter works reliably (10 reps) at 3/4 sec.

On the Graphic/Ektar, the slowest speed setting is also 1 sec. At that setting, the shutter fires at 3 sec. At the next setting, 1/2 sec., the shutters fires at 1.25 sec. At the next setting, 1/5 sec., the shutter fires at 1 sec. On each of these settings, the shutter was fired repeatedly and the timing was found to be consistant.

On both shutters, the "B" and "T" settings worked correctly.

Charley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I am interested in the Optar...now to figure out if it will fit in my calumet..
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    OK, price is now $40+shipping apiece or $75+shipping for both. Step right up, folks, and get your bargain lenses.

Charley

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Both lenses have been sold over on LFF. Thanks!

Charley

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin