Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,737   Posts: 1,515,527   Online: 1094

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

12" Bausch & Lomb Petzval! Affordable!!

It is 12" f5.6 from a magic lantern. Probably exactly 100 years old. Maybe 98.

It has nicks and dings commensurate with 100 years but is in relatively marvelous shape and will perform beautifully.

I consider 12" the short limit for 8X10. It'll vignette like mad until you move right in for a bust. Then it'll begin to cover.

No aperture. No flange. Just the bare basics............and the bare basic price is $265 + shipping
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any ground glass shots showing the coverage? What would it do with whole plate format? Still vignette?
    Last edited by Andrew Moxom; 10-04-2010 at 08:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    Any ground glass shots showing the coverage? What would it do with whole plate format? Still vignette?
    Well, went looking in the black hole (the G drive) because somewhere I'[ve got a couple done with one of these, identical except black painted (later version) and I didn't find them. Conservatively I think I'll say it would just vignette on 6585 at infinity. I'm leaving tomorrow AM at 0-darkthirty and won't get back until Fri. so can't check it more closely for you.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin