Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,652   Online: 751

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I will give you seven guineas for it, not a farthing more.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am afraid I do not not have a cage for the guineas.....and my cats might not take too kindly to them.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve didn't say whether they were fowl or pigs

If he means the old Gold guineas then 7 seems rather a high price with the price of Gold as it is

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I should bring the Speed with me to London next time I go and sell it there. Shoot. What else have I got that will fetch a high price there and fit in my luggage??? Do you folks like American bubble gum? How about ball bearings? Guinea pigs?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nylon stockings, Lucky Strike and Hershey bars?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    We get Hershey bars brought into work whenever someone visits one of our US factories. Please do us a favour and leave them at home!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recently sold a Speed Graphic Anni to a guy in Sweden for US$140 + $55 shipping. He seemed very eager to pay the high shipping for the low price of the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could easily fund a week or so in the UK by coming over with some carefully chosen LF gear and selling it. Remember that aside from the quite high postage on larger items we (UK/EU) often get charged Import duty & VAT on the item & the postage, which can add another 21% approx, soon to rise by another 2½% in the UK.

I was lucky I paid no taxes on the 3 Speed/Crown Graphics or a Busch Pressman I've bought from the US. In fact apart from two 10x8 Agfa Ansco's which were large packages I've only paid duty/VAT on 2 smaller packages ot of well over 50, both were LF lenses.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Wade, I figured he was happy! The most recent price I've seen (and I see about 1 or 2 for sale a year in Sweden) is US$560. So, anyone having a spare Speed for less than 200 with shipping, bring em on! I'd love another one to replace the one I foolishly sold 6 years ago.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interestingly older cameras fetch even higher prices here in Turkey, I've seen two shops selling older antique cameras (one in Istanbul) and the prices are at least 2-3 times those in the UK.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin