Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,053   Online: 778

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format

FS: Crown Graphic - $100

Half the LF world cut their teeth on an old Crown or Speed Graphic, and many, like me, have one buried in a closet. I've dug mine out.

It's in decent shape, which isn't hard to do, as there's not a whole lot to go wrong on a Crown. The leatherette is still there, but worn in a spot or two - nothing bad. This one doesn't have a rangefinder. I always found those dim, in any case.

The one "defect" I'll mention is that the seam on the outer bellows cover has opened a bit on the bottom of the bellows. Since the inner liner of the bellows is intact, and the seam is up against the camera bed, I've never had light leak problems and never bothered fixed something that wasn't broken enough to need fixing.

Comes with the desirable Graflok back.

$100 + shipping. The package will weigh a bit over 5 lbs., so figure shipping at $14 Parcel Post or $20 Priority Mail. Paypal accepted.

Charley

apes + $$$
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crown-Front.jpg   Crown-Back.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jesus Charley

That'll sell for over £300 ($450) in the UK.

Ian

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quick, Ian....Crown's are fungible....arbitrage!

Charley

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Too late! Sold over of LFF.
    Apes only get ¢¢¢, not $$$.

Charley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    That'll sell for over £300 ($450) in the UK.
    Annoying isn't it?

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Annoying isn't it?

Steve.
    Why, yes. Yes it is!

Charley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by c.d.ewen View Post
    Too late! Sold over of LFF.
    Apes only get ¢¢¢, not $$$.

Charley
    Well that would take care of chimpin'!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Will a Crown in this condition really sell for $450 in the U.K.? Wow. I wonder what my near-mint '54 Speed in a case and kit will sell for. It might be worth the plane ticket over there.

As for this camera, yes, it is a good deal. I wish I had seen it before it sold. It would likely fetch at least $150 on E-Bay.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pacemaker Crown & Speed Graphics aren't as common in the UK, so fetch far higher prices than in the US, they weren't imported after WWII until the early 50's due to Government Import restrictions on all cameras & luxury goods and by the time the restrictions were lifted there were far better alternatives in the UK market, MPP's and Linhof's. For some reason though people are paying way over the odds for them in the UK. The Graflok back alone would sell for close to $100 US or UK.

All new camera equipment has always sold (& still sells) for higher prices in Europe compared to the US and that's reflected in higher second hand prices as well, particularly with LF equipment. The price differential can be quite significant on some items.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That does it! 1954 Speed Graphic for sale to England only! Near-mint condition, with case. Side Kalart RF. Fully operational and calibrated to its 127mm Ektar lens in Kodak Supermatic (X). 90mm Optar included, but no proper lens board for it. Also have Linhof-badged Schneider 180mm f/5.5 Tele-Xenar, which covers 4x5 with fuzzy corners, but is designed for 2x3. I have one extra lens board, but it is a hack job that came along with a bunch of other stuff. It has an out of round hole that I had to pad with gaffer tape to get the 90mm lens to mount. Includes 3-cell Graflex flash (brushed; not the earlier polished chrome Star Wars one) and both 5 inch and 7 inch reflectors. (7 inch reflector is not from the original kit; I bought it later. It has a big rust spot in one area, but works.) Also includes a midget flash modeling lamp and a Mazda to Midget adapter. Solenoid has been properly adjusted to allow for the use of class M bulbs with X synch. Includes original leather left-hand strap, though I have removed it to preserve its condition, and I mount another flash handle on the left for use. I also have several other H-R and Graflex flashguns and accessories, and two crates full of bulbs. You English are crazy! I am fine with my Linhof!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin