Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,429   Online: 834

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Radeka Contrast Masking System $200

For the darkroom users, Lynn Radeka http://www.radekaphotography.com/ Contrast Masking system is a way to get photoshop like effects on darkroom prints. I have the complete system with the carrier, hole puncher, trans film, CD, book, and I will even include an unopened pack of 50 sheets Arista II 5x7 litho film.
    Great for 6x7, 4x5 and even 35mm work. $200 + Shipping at cost. Paypal OK.

// richard
    http://www.5pmlight.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What does this have in addition to the $85 kit listed on Radeka's Website (http://www.radekaphotography.com/maskingkits.htm)? Is this the 8x10 precision pin registration kit?

In other words, what exactly that is listed on Radeka's Website is for sale by you?

Thanks.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2F...the $85 kit from Radeka includes no hardware, just two 1/4" pins to build your own carrier/receiver and a piece of Duratrans plus instructions.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Since Photoshop users are always trying to emulate wet lab photography, why in the world would anyone want to emulate PS effects in an analog image? Certainly there is no need for a bunch of masks.
    Masking is not a complicated or expensive process. The last registration pins I bought cost me $2 each. Mounted on a piece of plexiglass they make a fine registration tablet. Give me those, a punch from the surplus store, some lith film and I am in business.
    I can't think of anything PS will do which has not been done in a darkroom. Some just take ingenuity and a willingness to experiment, traits which are fast disappearing in this technological world.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Contrast masking was around long before Photoshop; perhaps it's Photoshop trying to emulate darkroom contrast masking techniques.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have one of these outfits. I have not used it yet but it is high quality and a good way to get started with masking techniques.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PVia View Post
    2F...the $85 kit from Radeka includes no hardware, just two 1/4" pins to build your own carrier/receiver and a piece of Duratrans plus instructions.
    Thank you. I understand...but I am wondering what is being sold here, so I can read about it on Radeka's Website.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 10-08-2010 at 11:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry, I didn't realize there are so many replies to this post :-)

First: it's the complete system, the $465 kit (used a couple times) with one anti-newton glass.

Second: the beauty of Radeka's system is the carrier. You put that in the carrier position and you can remove and reinsert the inner carrier without worrying that the images will move. And of course he includes a book with a number of different masking techniques and chemical etc.

And yes, of course it's the photoshop that adopts some of the techniques, my title not withstanding :-)

Finally, I have a tentative offer. I will update this post when appropriate.

// EDIT: Oh, this is the 4x5 kit, not the 8x10 kit.

// richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Item is SOLD. Thanks for the interest.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin