Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,578   Online: 886

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne View Post
    Actually those are not Wisner bellows so I dunno. Fred went to Tachihara for a while after the fall out with Ron but that ain't a Tach either
    Mark, I own a Zone VI. There should be a serial number on the gold tripod mounting plate below the bellows. There should be a plate on the front that also says the camera was built in Vermont by Zone VI studios.

One difference between my camera and the one pictured for sale here is that my camera has a Bail Back handle.

Ron Wisner did not produce that many camera's for Zone VI.

There is an article on the View Camera magazine website in regard to Zone VI where Richard shares the history of the company.

Richard Ritter is the real genius behind the design of the camera's that were produced in Vermont. I was recently in Vermont in August of this year. During that time I took a trip to Newfane (excuse my spelling its wrong) and talked to the locals and found a few that actually new Fred Picker. One of them took me just outside of town and showed me the building where the camera's were assembled. Bruce Barlow and Richard Ritter both worked for Zone VI studios and are members of this website. They also put on workshops during the year and Richard restores and designs camera's.

After doing some research I wrote a guide on Zone VI camera's with a time-line that you can find on ebay.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Good information, thanks. Yes it is a Vermont camera and the serial no. is 1371.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wott a byewtie!!! Wanna trade an 8x10 Chromega F for it?

(J/k. I am thrilled with the enlarger, and it will not go anywhere unless I find a Durst of DeVere for very cheap. I use it for all of my proofs now, on 11x14 paper, and for prints from 5x7 negs.)
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne View Post
    Actually those are not Wisner bellows so I dunno. Fred went to Tachihara for a while after the fall out with Ron but that ain't a Tach either
    The Tachihara where sold by Zone VI in the late 70's and then replaced by the Wista then the Wisner BS followed by Zone VI building the camera ourselves. about 4500 cameras.When I left Zone VI the camera numbers being built then were in the 4300 range. The highest number I saw is 45xx.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard T Ritter View Post
    The Tachihara where sold by Zone VI in the late 70's and then replaced by the Wista then the Wisner BS followed by Zone VI building the camera ourselves. about 4500 cameras.When I left Zone VI the camera numbers being built then were in the 4300 range. The highest number I saw is 45xx.
    Richard those are interesting numbers. At one time I sold a few cameras for Wisner and visited his place in Marion but was not aware of the issues at the time. I corresponded with Fred quite a bit as I had printed a book on old Sennachie tales from the Hebrides and he was interested in those islands at the time.
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Quote Originally Posted by ZoneVI View Post
    Mark, I own a Zone VI. There should be a serial number on the gold tripod mounting plate below the bellows. There should be a plate on the front that also says the camera was built in Vermont by Zone VI studios.

One difference between my camera and the one pictured for sale here is that my camera has a Bail Back handle.

Ron Wisner did not produce that many camera's for Zone VI.

There is an article on the View Camera magazine website in regard to Zone VI where Richard shares the history of the company.

Richard Ritter is the real genius behind the design of the camera's that were produced in Vermont. I was recently in Vermont in August of this year. During that time I took a trip to Newfane (excuse my spelling its wrong) and talked to the locals and found a few that actually new Fred Picker. One of them took me just outside of town and showed me the building where the camera's were assembled. Bruce Barlow and Richard Ritter both worked for Zone VI studios and are members of this website. They also put on workshops during the year and Richard restores and designs camera's.

After doing some research I wrote a guide on Zone VI camera's with a time-line that you can find on ebay.
    The Wisner TFs had bellows made from a very soft red leather. I actually regret selling my last one and should hunt it up as the current owner has gone digital.
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Price Lowered!

I have lowered the price to $585 with single folded bellows or $715 with both.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin