Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,988   Posts: 1,524,054   Online: 970

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Rodenstock 150/5.6 APO Sironar N with 35mm rear end?

OK< this is a bit of an odd duck. The front end of the lens is pretty standard, APO Sironar N 150/5.6 with a Copal 0 shutter. The aperture is smooth, the shutter fires and the timing seems OK to my ears. The cosmetic looks good. The glass is very clean.

The back end element though, seems to for a smaller format than 4x5. May be for 35mm? I do have both front and rear caps.

If someone has a use of it, please make reasonable offer. Otherwise, it will just sit on the shelf.

Or if you have a suggestion what it can be used for, I'd appreciate it too.

Thanks.

// richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    will it focus properly on the G/G like a normal sironar would?

if so, why not use it?

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    will it focus properly on the G/G like a normal sironar would?

if so, why not use it?

-Dan
    I'm not 100% sure, but I believe so. The thing is I am primarily a 35mm / XPan person, and I bought this for a Razzle conversion and Dean said this won't cover a 4x5".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It could be the back of a 100mm APO Sironar which has an diameter of only 31.5mm outside!

Cheers Armin
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Why could it not be the proper back of the lens it sits on?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnArs View Post
    It could be the back of a 100mm APO Sironar which has an diameter of only 31.5mm outside!

Cheers Armin
    Hi Armin, it's ~31mm!! So lets say if it is the 100mm rear elements, what does it mean? Is the lens still usable somehow with focal length is somewhere in between 100 to 150, or is it not usable at all?

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think this is the same exact lens that lives on my Crown. It covers just fine. Before you spend your money, I'll get up of my lazy as and look for you to make sure if you like. Yes it does seem like an oddball. I couldn't find much info about it. But it is sharp as heck and color is great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info guys.

For the time being, I am WITHDRAWING the lens from sales and do some playing around and research. LF lens is new to me, so I have a lot of questions on what to do. I don't want to clutter up the sales forum, so I will make a new thread on the LF forum.

Thanks again.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin