Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,262   Online: 1014

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Super Chromega D + D5 + lenses & turret + Minolta MOD III enlarger + ENTIRE Darkroom

Well, it's hitting the fan and I'm just going to be totally honest and say I don't know where I'm going to be in a month or two. Hopefully won't be out on the street, but possibility that I may not even get to keep my office, so this stuff needs to find a new home.
    I have an ENTIRE darkroom for you, and when you see what's here, you'll realize why I don't want to ship this stuff.
    However:
    I WILL DRIVE this TO YOU - within 200 miles of Ventura, California ZIP 93003 - just pay for my gas (I average 30 MPG highway). That's anywhere from King City to San Diego and anywhere in between. If you live farther away than that, how about meet me in the middle? I really, really want this to go to a good home where it will be used.
    Some of this stuff I got on good deals, and some of this stuff I paid crazy money for because I wanted it right then. I wish I could keep it, but life isn't throwing me any favors lately. Check it all out, and please send me your best offer. Best one gets it all.

(2) Enlargers + Lenses + accessories:
    Large Format enlarger:
    Omega Super Chromega D Dichroic II (color) lamp house on an Omega D5 Chassis and baseboard with 3 lens turret. Both D-B (35mm, MF) and D-D (4x5 LF) mixing chambers are included. 6 negative carriers, from 35mm, MF, up to 4x5 LF. Omega Chromegatrol controller with 500W voltage stabilized power supply and timer.
    3 lenses on turret, these are all Schneider Caltar-SE lenses, made in Germany, branded for Calumet. 50mm, 100mm, and 150mm. Always stored with Omega dust cover (on it right now, not shown).
    I don't need to tell you the enlarger head alone goes for $1,987 at B&H. (No, I wouldn't pay that either!)

Medium Format enlarger:
    Minolta Color Enlarger MOD-III Enlarger with XL chassis and base to do 16x20 prints from 35mm negatives. Complete Color Analyzer with mouse and instruction manual included. Both 35mm and MF mixing chambers included, with negative carriers for 35mm and MF. Minolta power supply with built in voltage stabilizer and Gralab 900 timer (yeah, crazy timer, way too many features for me, but had to have it – top of the line, you know!)
    3 lenses: Schneider-Kreuznach Componon 40mm, Minolta C.E. Rokkor-X 50mm f2.8 (this is my all time favorite, very sharp. Like new in Box), and Beslar 75mm.
    Darkroom Gear:
    All the necessities and I mean that. You will not have to buy a thing extra. This is not some little “Ebay starter kit” for your child.
    Safelight from Freestyle, 11x14 easel, 8x10 + multi easel, everything to mix up & measure your chemicals, dual roll film tank for developing 35mm and MF roll film, film clips to hang your negs, etc. Everything from Omega grain focuser, Unicolor solid state voltage regulator, to anti static brush for your negs, contact sheet printer, grey cards, analog and digital thermometers, and even white cotton gloves.
    Trays: 2 sets: (3) 16x20 trays, and (3) 8x10 trays + 5 tongs. All purchased at Freestyle in Hollywood.
    Paper: ADOX MCP 312 – lots of it left, all purchased within last few months from Freestyle – 5x7, 8x10, and 16x20 sheets. In fact, I know I only used one or two of the 16x20, so almost a full pack, nearly $50 worth of the 16x20 alone. If you’ve never used ADOX MCP, you’re in for a treat. It’s probably the best RC paper available. Love it.
    Chemicals: All Kodak. XTOL, HC-110 concentrate, Fixer, Dektol, stop bath, hypo, photo-flo, and some special ADOX ADOLUX Developer for the CMS20 film. Even have 5 (1L) glass bottles here for when you mix up the Xtol.
    Film: Wouldn’t be a setup without it! (2) rolls of ADOX CMS20 (this stuff is insane. Break out your sharpest lens and you’ll fall in love) and (1) roll of the new Kodak TMax 400. Topped off with a Freestyle special “Got Film?” sticker.

Alright, that’s all I got. Hope SOMEONE out there can use all this, and please email me your best offer. Thanks for looking & reading, and if you have any questions, just fire me off an email.
    Thanks, my best to everyone here, and keep up the great photography!
    Jed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SuperchromegaD.jpg   MF-chamber-holders.jpg   4x5-mixing-chamber.jpg   Lenses-turret.jpg   minoltaenlarger3.jpg  

Minoltaenlarger2.jpg   Minoltaenlarger1.jpg   11x14-easel.jpg   safelight-etc.jpg   Trays-tongs.jpg  

Adox-Paper.jpg   Chemicals.jpg   Film.jpg   Misc.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    wow, nice stuff
    sorry to hear of your troubles whatever they may be
    bumping this for you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck, Jed. I wish I could take it all off your hands if that actually helps you out. I have no need for most of it, though. If you decide that you can sell the trays, the timer, or the voltage regulator separately, please let me know.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks guys, I always appreciate the support everyone here gives. You all are top notch. If I have to Craigslist this stuff (or Ebay...shudder!) what kind of a ball-park price you think I should go for? I kind of figured someone around here would make a general offer because you all know roughly what some of this stuff is worth. But 2F/2F - that makes sense now that I think about it - all you guys that are into it already have one (or two or three)! :-)

Thanks for any advice,
    Jed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recently ugraded to the Super Chromega head on my old DII so I was watching Chromega stuff on the Bay for at least 6 months and still have a saved search for this stuff.

I've seen complete D5's with the Chromegatrol sit unbid on for $200.00 but it's mostly due to shipping costs.
    They will go for 100-175usd roughly plus another 50-70 shipping. It's hard to say.
    Chromegatrols go cheap (25.00-75.00) too because they cost around 45usd to ship one of those.
    The neg carriers are worth 10-20 apiece.
    The turret and lenses will bring the most.

Dont know anything about the Minolta enlarger.

If you have the time you could part the stuff out and do way better.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for that information, Bruce! I appreciate your time.

So how about $300 for the whole lot? Any takers at that price? Sure, I could get more parting it out, but I'd like it to be put to good use and just not in the frame of mind to try to get the last penny here. Too much going on, unfortunately.
    Thanks if anyone's interested. Sincerely,
    Jed

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

How about $200 for almost all of it?

Just a last ditch effort here before I have to go to Craigslist or Ebay or something.

Would anyone take nearly all of it for $200 even?

The only two items I would keep would be the gralab timer and the Minolta 50mm, because for their low shipping weight, I could easily ebay them for some money.
    Everything else pictured would be yours for $200.
    Thanks for helping me out if possible.
    Sincerely,
    Jed

Shooter
    127 Format
    I will take it.

I will pm and we can figure out how to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah Smith View Post
    Just a last ditch effort here before I have to go to Craigslist or Ebay or something.

Would anyone take nearly all of it for $200 even?

The only two items I would keep would be the gralab timer and the Minolta 50mm, because for their low shipping weight, I could easily ebay them for some money.
    Everything else pictured would be yours for $200.
    Thanks for helping me out if possible.
    Sincerely,
    Jed
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks guys for all the help. I believe it will be sold. Again, I really appreciate this.
    Take care,
    Jed

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin