Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,234   Posts: 1,532,932   Online: 1031

Shooter
    Medium Format

FS ALPA 12 SWA Kit

I purchased this ALPA brand new from Jeff Hirsch at Fotocare in NYC about three and a half years ago. A heartbreaking sale for me, but the work I'm interested in shooting requires at least a 4x5 format and I don't have the cash for a new system without parting with this beauty first, so here goes......

ALPA 12 SWA w/ synthetic black handles
    Schneider Super-Angulon 5.6/58 mm XL
    ALPA Viewfinder w/ shift viewfinder mask for 6x8 cm format
    ALPA Complete Ground Glass set w/ mask for 6x8 cm format
    ALPA Back Adapter MA (for Mamiya RB67 (6x7 or 6x8) backs

Whole system's in great shape and perfect working order, and I'll include ALL the original ALPA and Schneider packaging. The Only thing I'm missing is the rear lens cap for the 58.

A few notes on condition:

-some small wear marks on right handle from dark slide
    -some light wear marks on the side of the left handle due to regular use
    -a tiny crack on the upper left hand corner of the ground glass
    -speck of paint scratched on the bottom of the body from the tripod plate rubbing

The system is built for a 6x8 cm film format but I realize this is rather rare and most prefer 6x7. All that would be required to change this is replacement masks for the viewfinder and ground glass, which are very affordable from ALPA.

These rarely come around on the used marked and brand new the whole system will cost you just under 12K before taxes. So let's say $9,500 for the works. I'd also be interested in trade + cash offers. Items I'd consider as trade or partial payment include: Ebony 4x5 and 8x10 bodies/kits, Deardorff V8 bodies/kits, Mamiya 7II bodies/kits. But am willing to listen to any reasonable offers as well. Thanks, and please email me with any questions. More photos available as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails L1010702.JPG   L1010711.JPG   L1010714.JPG   L1010715.JPG   L1010722.JPG  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Price Bump..... $9,000 for the works. And I'll throw in 2 RB67 6x8 film backs which go for around 200 buck a piece on ebay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is like seeing a Rolls Royce parked on my street... doesn't happen often!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Holy buckets that thing is awesome, good luck with the sale.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks guys, but no bites! Any suggestions? There's gotta be somebody in the market for for an SWA who's looking to save a few grand..... anybody???

Shooter
    Multi Format

holy socks...this is my über-dream kit!!!

Best of luck with the sale! I can but dream of being in a position to write "I'll take it." Someone will be very fortunate to snag this
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." W. Durant

flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Classifieds over at RFF seem to get a lot more hits and higher end gear sells there pretty often

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the tip!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, we're all poor over here. that's why we're stuck with analog gear
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin