Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,452   Posts: 1,570,355   Online: 1141

Shooter
    Medium Format

Yashica MG-1 $35

I'm selling a Yashica MG-1 rangefinder. I used a spring from a D cell battery pack to make the 6volt battery work.

It's in great condition. The only problem is the dent on the lens that you can see. I'll include a lens cap that works with this (it slips over the lens instead of screwing on).
    I've heard of other fixes for the battery problem, so there are definitely options.

$35 shipped in US. Anywhere else, you pay actual.

Last edited by superbass; 10-12-2010 at 12:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like an f/2.8 version of my Electro 35 GSNs (45mm f/1.7 lens); the meter on this 2.8 model is on the lens instead of on the body like my GSNs. They are great "trial" rangefinders for those wondering if a rangefinder works for their type of photography. They operate like a Leica M-series camera as far as the viewfinder and rangefinder go, but cost almost nothing. In addition to that use, they are also perfectly good cameras in their own right, and they weight almost nothing (though they are large compared to a Leica). The 45mm lens of the GSNs is very good; I would imagine that the 2.8 is just as good. There is one thing about them that should be practiced in order to take a little better control of the automatic exposure system; for best exposures, you just have to learn to judge the situations in which the averaging reflected meter will over or underexpose, and tweak the ASA setting to counteract it.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 10-12-2010 at 06:12 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Someone buy this will you? Otherwise, I might pull the trigger and I don't need another camera!!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Boy I'd love to get this but I need to buy more film than another camera really.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Come on ... Someone has to bite. This camera wants a new home!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bump. Still available.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll bite. PM sent.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    SOLD!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin