Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,532   Online: 977

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

De Vere Monorail WP, HP (7x5) and 5x4

Due to a time waster (on another Forum) who had committed to buying this camera last Spring (when I was last in the UK) I'm listing my De Vere Monorail.

It's a Whole Plate, Half Plate (or 7x5), and 5x4 camera with 3 International backs, bag bellows made by Camera Bellows (now Custom Bellows) shortly after I bought it.

All three backs have brand new screens, (not shown in the photos), I may have a lens board (Copal 0) but can make new boards if necessary anyway. There's also the two original bellows frames.

As it is now I'd like £100 for the camera, mainly because the bag bellows and backs alone would fetch more than that separately as they would be extremely easy to adapt to fit a wide variety of other LF cameras. It's solidly engineered and spent the last part of it's working life as a copy camera, it has more movements than could ever be practically used. Pick up would be preferred SW of Birmingham.

If needed it can be supplied with new bellows at a very moderate additional cost

Due to weight No shipping to Conusmen (or women) or New World Countries, as this would exceed the items value

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM sent with some questions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a large camera, and fairly heavy, I've talked Andrew out of wanting it

While the camera is very useable with bag bellows up to a 240mm lens it may be more suitable for parts.

The main plate of both the 5x4 and Half Plate backs could be unscrewed allowing the rest to be attached to a wooden (or metal) board to fit many cameras, like wise the bag bellows could be used on a variety of cameras with slight modification.

Both the front & rear standards could be used on project cameras while retaining their movements, again most parts arts bolted or screed together.

So £100 gets you plenty of very useable parts.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sold on a UK Forum.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin