Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,950   Posts: 1,585,950   Online: 932

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FS - Wisner Tech Field 4x5 & Accessories

FS - Wisner Tech Field 4x5 & Accessories

This listing is for Wisner Technical Field Camera 4x5, serial #1174. I bought this camera years ago from Midwest Photo. Five years ago, I sold it to a well-known member of the forum, and a few years later, bought the same camera back. Now, finances demand it leave again. Who knows, a few years from now, I may buy it back from you... It is easily the finest camera I've ever used. It is light, flexible, reliable and fun. And people tend to stop and ask about it.

The first fully planned LF shoot I ever did was of the downtown area of Brisbane, Australia from the bluffs opposite the city center. As I set up and waited for the sun to get into perfect position, a football game finished down the road. Dozens of people walking by stopped to look at the camera and ask about it. It was probably one of the best photo outings I've ever had. I found it, so I'll paste it in here...

This camera has been to Australia and to Europe with me, and I don't know where else the other owner might have used it. It is used but certainly not abused. There are some scuffs, mainly on the bottom (see photos). There is some tarnish on the brass in places. The bellows are red leather and light tight, as are the bag bellows also included. The ground glass currently on the camera is the original Wisner gridded glass that came with the camera.

Accessories included: a bag bellows in addition to the regular bellows, Calumet 4x5 ground glass cover, and assorted lensboards (see photos).

The tripod, Scoville Waterbury meniscus lens, etc is obviously not included.

Here's the technical info that I copied from somewhere a long time ago, probably the Wisner web site. It doesn't mention the weight, but I believe it is 3kg or about 6 1/2 pounds.

"4x5 Technical Mahogany
    Greatest bellows extension of any 4x5 field camera (23",584mm) with interchangeable bellows, geared-axis tilts and parallel rear rise, rigid focusing track and rails, and high strength bronze tripod plate.

Front Tilt: Base tilt: 35 degrees forward, 90 degrees backward, Axis tilt: limited only by bellows
    Front Swing: 12 degrees left, 12 degrees right
    Front Rise & Fall: Rise: 1-1/8th" (28.58mm) Fall: 2" (50.8mm)
    Front Shift: 1/2" left (13mm), 1/2" right (13mm)
    Rear Axis-Tilt: (geared) 25 degrees backward
    Rear Base-Tilt 90 degrees forward, 20 degrees backward
    Rear Swing: 15 degrees left, 15 degrees right
    Rear Rise: 1.5" (38mm)
    Camera Back: 4x5" Vertical/Horizontal quick-change type
    Focusing Screen: Groundglass, 1" grid-lines
    Interchangeable Bellows: Yes
    Minimum Extension: 3.5" (90mm)
    Maximum Extension: 23" (584mm)
    Lensboard: 4 x 4" (101 x 101mm)
    Folded Dimensions WHD: 9.5 x 7.75 x 4.75" (24.1 x 19.6 x 12cm)"

Price: $850 shipped in the USA from the USA, via USPS priority, insured. I prefer USPS money orders but will take Paypal if you add $20 to cover half the fees. If sold to Australia, I can take direct deposit. Trades or offers are always considered as well.

Yes, I'll ship overseas. You can check your shipping at USPS.com and the rates for a large flat rate box to your country, including $850insurance.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sold and off to the UK.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin