Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,450   Posts: 1,597,146   Online: 1076

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Considering sale or trade of SINAR DB system

Hello,

I am considering selling my SINAR DB system in order to switch to lenses in shutters.

I have the following:

- Auto aperture shutter. All black late-1980's version with '60 top speed and apertures that set on the right side (f/5.6 to f/45). Both cables included. I am the second owner, and this thing has barely been used.

- 90mm Rodenstock Grandagon f/4.5 (DB mount) - excellent condition, newish

- 121mm Schneider Super-Angulon f/8 (DBM mount) - older, mount is not in the best cosmetic condition, but works, and glass and lens barrel are very good if not excellent

- 210 mm Rodenstock Sironar-N f/5.6 (DB mount) - excellent condition, newish (came with kit from original owner)

- 240mm Schneider Symmar-S f/5.6 (DB mount) - excellent condition, some fading of black finish on outer ring, leaving a bronze-like color

- 240mm Nikkor-W f/5.6 (DBM mount) - good condition due to some tape residue. Glass is fine.

- 360mm Schneider Symmar-S f/6.8 (DB mount) - excellent condition, newish

As you probably know if you have read this far, the DB system is great with flash, but in-shutter lenses are better for shooting with ambient light (less shake and higher available shutter speeds). I don't use flash that often with 4x5, so I find the DB shutter limiting my choices sometimes. I only have the DB system because it came with the camera, and because the barrel lenses were affordable for me. However, now that I have a Linhof as well, it would be great to be able to share lenses between systems.

I am just gauging interest at this point to see if it would be worth while for me to sell these things. If there is any interest, particularly in the whole she-bang, please drop me a line.

Lenses that might interest me:

90mm f/4.5 or 5.6 with coverage equivalent to Grandagon-N (230-something or thereabout)
    90mm Super-Angulon f/8
    110mm f/5.6 XL
    121mm f/8 Super-Angulon
    150mm f/5.6, smallish, with good coverage for 4x5 (Sironar-N, Symmar or better coverage)
    180 Fujinon-W
    210 f/5.6, smallish, with good coverage for 4x5
    240mm non-tele
    360mm non-tele
    480mm non-tele
    long tele lenses (600 to 800mm or so)

...in shutters.

Or:

Mamiya RZ equipment, particularly lenses and a prism, maybe a backup body. Also would be interested in RB Pro SD body/kit.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 10-18-2010 at 07:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I could also make use of an F2 front standard or multipurpose standard.

Also interested in 5x7 full camera or conversion kit, with proper rear standard bearer.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a question about DB lenses. I have a bunch and was wondering if I could buy Copal (or other) shutters and put the DB lenses on them. Is this possible?
    Marek Warunkiewicz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, it is possible. However, you need to have the correct aperture scales placed onto the shutters, and install them correctly, or have custom ones made. You may need to have shims made as well. Perhaps Richard Ritter or S.K. Grimes can do the work for you.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 10-19-2010 at 05:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    How does one figure out the correct aperture scales? Is this something that can be done at home or is there special equipment needed?

Thanks!
    Marek Warunkiewicz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have decided that it is definitely worth selling. I will be able to get a lot of what I want by selling it. I am reposting this as a for sale ad. Please delete this one at will.
    2F/2F

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin