Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,547   Posts: 1,573,012   Online: 868

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Extensive SINAR DB system - Auto aperture shutter and six lenses - for sale as kit

Selling my SINAR DB system in order to switch to lenses in shutters.

I have the following:

- Auto aperture shutter. All black late-1980's version with '60 top speed and apertures that set on the right side (f/5.6 to f/45). Both cables included. Shutter is in outstanding condition. I am the second owner, and it has been treated well and not overused or underused. I have shot only a few hundred sheets with it, and the previous owner did not shoot much with the camera. Only problem: insulation on synch cable is rotten, cracked, and missing in areas. It still fires the flashes, but ought to be replaced. The easiest thing to do would be to snip off and trash everything but the dedicated connector, and then splice the connector onto a standard synch cable. It's a cheap and easy fix that I can do for you if you are not inclined toward simple wiring/soldering.

- 90mm Rodenstock Grandagon f/4.5 (DB mount) - excellent condition, newish looking.

- 121mm Schneider Super-Angulon f/8 (DBM mount) - older, mount is not in the best cosmetic condition (and has a taped-on trim ring), but works flawlessly, and glass and lens barrel are very good if not excellent.

- 210 mm Rodenstock Sironar-N f/5.6 (DB mount) - excellent condition, newish looking (came with kit from original owner).

- 240mm Schneider Symmar-S f/5.6 (DB mount) - excellent condition, some fading of black finish on outer ring, leaving a bronze-like color. Perhaps sat in a shop window? I don't know how it got there, but it is mild and purely cosmetic.

- 360mm Schneider Symmar-S f/6.8 (DB mount) - excellent condition, newish looking. A big honker of a lens that appears close to new, with original front cap.

All of these lenses have front and rear caps, and I always stowed them inserted into special slots in my hard camera case and kept them well padded. I have never so much as dinged any of this equipment.

I have the DB system because it came with the camera, and because the barrel lenses were so affordable for me. However, now that I have a Linhof as well, being able to share lenses between systems has become a priority for me.

I am asking $3,000 O.B.O. for the entire kit. It is quite a lot of bang for the buck. 90, 121, 210, 240, and 360 lenses. Super-clean shutter. All sheet formats 8x10 and under (and even some ULFs) are covered by this setup. It may be all you will ever need to shoot large format.

Just for full disclosure, I am also advertising this at the local private art school (Art Center College of Design), at which most of the students shoot SINARs. Lots of these kids are spoiled beyond belief and have no patience to track things down piece by piece like I did, so I feel I have a good chance there.

For sale separately is a 240mm Nikkor-W f/5.6 (DBM mount) - good condition due to some tape residue on the barrel. Glass is very good if not excellent. No caps. Asking $300.

I may also trade. Lenses in shutters that might interest me:

90mm f/4.5 or 5.6 with coverage equivalent to Grandagon-N (230-something or thereabout)
    90mm Super-Angulon f/8
    110mm f/5.6 XL
    121mm f/8 Super-Angulon
    150mm f/5.6, smallish, with good coverage for 4x5 (Sironar-N, Symmar or better coverage)
    180mm Fujinon-W
    210 f/5.6, smallish, with good coverage for 4x5
    240mm non-teles
    360mm non-teles
    480mm non-teles
    long tele lenses (600 to 800mm or so)

...in shutters.

Or possibly, if a great trade is offered:

Mamiya RZ equipment, particularly lenses and a prism, maybe a backup body. Also would be interested in RB Pro SD body/kit. Particularly interested in lenses longer than 180mm.

I could also be persuaded to consider a 5x7 Technika, 5x7 Graflex RB, or 5x7 Tachihara-type camera.

Also highly interested in Fuji 6x8 system and Horseman medium format field cameras.

...and, of course, 3 percent goes to the site. I will take cash, money order, cashier's check or personal check. No credit cards or electronic money transfers (i.e. PayPal).
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 10-21-2010 at 06:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to trouble you, moderators. The title should read "five lenses" not "six lenses." If you could change that for me, it'd be a great help. Thank you!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    240mm Nikkor-W is still available.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    240mm is now gone. Everything ended up in the hands of two Art Center students and one instructor. Too bad the stuff didn't go to an A.P.U.G. member. Delete this thread at will.
    2F/2F

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin