Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,736   Posts: 1,515,525   Online: 1085

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

WTS: Asahi Pentax KX Black Body

I'm thinning down the herd, this is among those slated to go.

An Asahi Pentax KX 35mm SLR, black. Body only. Strap shown is not included. Comes with strap lugs and battery. No body cap, but mirror box will be protected adequately during delivery.

Had a professional CLA done in July 2010.

Very clean with the usual brassing at corners. Everything works fine, except for the hot shoe. Flash won't fire when mounted on it for some reason, but I tested the flash port using a PC cord, flash does fire and it works fine connected that way. Light seals are brand new. Shutter speeds all sounds correct. Meter is good and gives readings that concur with my other cameras. Viewfinder clean & clear. Everything else is functional.

I've run 4 rolls of film through it before the CLA and all photos came out great. I can run a test roll now at buyer's request.

Buyer to pay shipping cost. Shipment will be from Malaysia via Malaysian Post or courier (FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc). Airmail with tracking number and insurance, no exceptions. I will not take responsibility for damaged/lost items if it's mailed any other way. Ask me for a shipping quote. Will ship worldwide.

I'd like to get $150 for this camera. Considering it just had a CLA, I'd consider that a fair price. PayPal only please, buyer to bear PayPal fees.

No refunds or returns.

5% of the sale price will go to APUG.

Alternatively, I might consider trades, straight or with cash on my end. I'm looking primarily for medium format gear (Mamiyas, Bronicas, 'blads, oddball brands). Outfits, bodies or lenses. A 4x5 kit would be nice too. Make me an offer and we'll see.

I haven't sold anything here yet, but I have a 100% feedback rating on eBay as a buyer, my handle is 'daniirwan'. You can send me a message there and I'll reply back.

Take a look at the photos below. I can email more detailed/close up photos if requested.

Thank you.

-Dani-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KX all_resize.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am also open to offers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bump!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bump! Still available! Talk to me people..

Shooter
    Large Format
    may I suggest that you take a look at a few completed auctions on eBay and see if your price expectations are realistic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Brad, thank you for your suggestion.

I did, and here's what I found out. Recently, a black body KX (just like mine) sold for $102.50. It attracted 11 bids. The camera needed light seals replacement and the seller said the mirror sticks at certain times. Clearly, its on need of a service.

The one I'm selling has new seals and no sticky mirror. Everything is working except for the hotshoe. It has been professionally CLA'd recently. All that for $50 more.

Now, in view of all that, wouldn't you say my expectation of $150 is realistic?

Let me know if u want the auction number of the completed listing I'm talking about.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Price reduced to $135 OBO.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I need this gone. Price reduced to $100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A fine camera. I have two of them, and they are the all the 35mm camera I will ever need.
    $100 is a good price for a fine specimen of this camera, especially if it has been CLAd.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks very much for your input, Thomas! I like the KX too, but lately it has been sitting all forlorn and lonely on my shelf waiting for it's turn to be used. I'm shifting to larger formats. Hence, I'd rather sell it to someone who will use it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin