Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,141   Online: 963

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Winogrand: Figments From The Real World

Figments From The Real World by Garry Winogrand, John Szarkowski. This is the 2003 hardcover edition in superb condition.

Price: $250 OBO plus insured shipping
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails winogrand.jpg  
    Last edited by davela; 10-24-2010 at 10:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great book! I have in near-mint condition! I got a deal on mine. Someone didn't know what they had.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sigh. How much to rent for a month?
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They can be found in libraries, though I think that is usually a three week checkout.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Libraries? I thought all the kids with digital cameras and iPods burned those down?
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Indeed. They are far too often overlooked. However, I have found some very good and very rare and/or expensive photo books in libraries.

Heartbreaking story alert: My college library used to have a first edition copy, in French, of course, of The Decisive Moment, but it was stolen some time in the past five years. What a bloody shame that was.

You really find some gems there...and sometimes they will even go out of their way to acquire a book by request. It cannot hurt to ask, anyhow.

BTW, not sure if it is in libraries yet, but Freidlander has a new book out called "America By Car." It is worth a look. I have it on loan from a friend, but I would definitely want to own it.

Anyhow, sorry to hijack the thread, Dave. It is a great book. Definitely worth owning if you can swing it.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Wow. I had no idea these had gotten so expensive. I got my copy as a birthday present in 2005. I love it, one of my favorite monographs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    $250 now? I'm glad I picked up my copy off Amazon when it was $47.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ....and the price will only increase. Jim Goldberg's "Rich and Poor" only cost $25 new, but now it's been out of print for years and copies easily fetch $800 (he's still alive too and could re-publish the book at any time). It might seem expensive, but given that Winnogrand is dead and there's probably not going to be a re-issue of this book in the foreseeable future, I bet this book will triple in value in 10 years. I'm not an expert in book collecting by any means, but I've seen this happen to a few different books.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Jordan's quite right. Just try look up this (or other) book on Amazon, eBay, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin