Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,385   Online: 774

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

SOLD - 5x7 Ansco/Agfa with 5x7 & 4x5 backs

Sold over at LFF.

I ended up with a really good deal on a Kodak 2D with 5x7 & 4x5 backs, so this camera that is now redundant to me.

MORE PHOTOS FOLLOW

This is a 5x7 Agfa/Ansco camera with a 5x7 back and a rotating 4x5 back. The max extension is about 21". Bellows seem fine with no pinholes I could see. This takes lens boards approx 5 1/4" square but includes a reduction board down to 4x4. I had no problem putting my Wisner 4x5 boards in there, which are 4"x4". Movements - front shift, rise, tilt, back tilt. All lock down well. The camera extends normally to about 15", then there is an additional rail built-in that pulls out the rear to get to over 20". It is sort of like the old triple-extension box cameras except it goes out the back. This camera is very solid and the lock down knobs really lock things down.

Known Faults: There is unfinished wood around the edges of the 5x7 back where the glass fits in. Should be easy to touch up. If you look down to the last photo in this post, you'll see an area along the rail where the wood is scraped along the rail guide. I'm not sure how this happened or why because the rail guide does not seem to rub there. A little sanding and some black paint and it should be good to go. There are what I can only describe as 'paint faults' around the camera. If you look at the first photo in the next posting, you can see what I mean by that. I didn't notice it until I got it out in the sunlight, but the paint isn't perfect. On the other hand, it isn't going to affect anything, either.

Price: $215 via USPS money order. Shipping will probably be around $20 via priority in the USA. Trades for whole plate stuff and/or film will be considered as well.

Last edited by rrankin; 10-28-2010 at 05:14 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: sold

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Additional photos:

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin