Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,831   Online: 963

Shooter
    Medium Format

Nikon Coolscan ED 8000, with Glass holder, IT-8 targets

Up for sale is my trusty Nikon Coolscan 8000. I am the second owner (purchased back in April). Previous owner had it serviced by Nikon at the beginning of the year. I've scanned about 30 rolls on it without a hitch. Scanner works great with both OSX 10.6 and Windows 7. I've used this with Silverfast AI studio under Snow Leopard since I bought it.

Scanner is in great condition (typical scuff here, small mark there, visible only under close inspection). Included in the sale are all three original holders (the FH-835S 35mm strip holder, the FH-835M 35mm slide holder, and the FH-869 120 holder) all in original boxes.I am also including the FH-869G ANR glass holder, which I purchased new from B&H this spring, along with the original box and all the 120 masks (645, 6x6, 6x7, and 6x9). The scanner will also ship with a set of IT-8 targets, which I bought from Wolf Faust (coloraide.de), including slides "E" (Ektachome), "N" Velvia 100F/ Astia 100F/Sensia 100), "A" (Agfa RSX/ RSXII/CT Precisa), "V" (Velvia), and "F" (Provia/Sensia/Astia), along with 2 reflective targets, and the CD of color reference files. Using these targets is essential in getting correct color representations from positive films, and the set ran about $90 altogether. Scanner will come with a copy of the manual on a CD, as well as a power cable, and firewire cable.

I would really like to keep the whole set together.

Asking $1300 + $40 shipping. Given the size/weight of the scanner, I'd like to keep it within the Con US.

PM me any questions.

And some scans with this beast:

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    pm sent

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PM replied.

STP

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow, great price for a great scanner! These were $3k when they first came out. The newer model (9000) is really not much different, and it is going for $2200 to $3000, although it's exceedingly hard to find. Having the glass holder is a huge plus. I'd be all over this if I didn't have one myself.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by STP View Post
    I'd be all over this if I didn't have one myself.
    You can never have enough of them.

Scanning is slow, and it helps a lot having two machines going at the same time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    You can never have enough of them.

Scanning is slow, and it helps a lot having two machines going at the same time.
    +1

Thanks for the bumps.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sold. Thanks, Brian!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin