Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,881   Posts: 1,520,510   Online: 823

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fujimoto CP-31 print processor

This is one of the best table-top print processors. Can do RA-4, ilfochrome and b/w RC paper up to 11" wide. Variable roller speed and temperature. Each of the three baths is thermostatically controlled. First bath's temperature is digitally regulated and temperature is indicated on the display. The other two baths are controlled by analog thermostats, but still very accurate.
    Amazingly, this machine uses only 2L of chemistry in each bath, so it is very economical. Easy to fill and clean as well.

If you are planning to print color, this is absolutely the way to go. My postcard exchange #20 cards were made on this machine. It took about half an hour to print the whole batch.

Here is the machine:

Mechanically, it's in excellent working order. The baths heat quickly and hold temperature very precisely. The rollers are clean and in perfect working shape. The only minor issue I know of is the input paper sensor not working. It does not affect operation of the machine. The only effect is that after about 45 minutes of operation the machine switches to sleep mode and to make it accept paper again it needs to be power cycled. The sensor can be easily and cheaply replaced, but it never bothered me enough to do so.

The manual is included. I'd like to thank Mike Wilde for sending it to me!

Anyway, I'd like $450 for it, shipping included within continental US. Ground shipping only - it weights 70lb. The price is firm. It truly is an excellent machine. The only reason for selling is that I have three paper processors. If it does not sell, I will be just as happy - it is the best of the three processors I have and it will go into the basement as a backup.
    Last edited by anikin; 11-09-2010 at 02:14 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Modified shipping

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On mine half of the paper sensor has died due to femal socket contacts breaking off.

I have yet to make the fix, but it involves replacing the male and female plug, since the DIN plug/socket pin configuration I cannot find a direct replacement for.

This sensor is used to:
    - put the thing in standby to reduce aerial oxidation
    - tell the wash/dry heater (if you have that option - this one does not) to fire up as a pre warm
    - to try to better gauge the width of the paper being fed in to calculate the time to tell the automatic replenisher pumps to run (if you have that option configured.)

This processor is a dream.

A problem with mine is the stainless of some sort spirngs that hold pinch rollers to tension break over time.
    I replace them with machined rubber drive belts of the right length from the electronics wholesaler.

My digital thermostat died of a dried out capacitor I think; I have replaced it with a furnace heat extraction fan thermostat. I have 4 more spare units if someone else needs a similar fix.

I run tank 1 as pre-wet, and dev as 2, blix as 3. Doing this helps my dev last stored under glass to periods out to 8 weeks.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually I have fed it 12" but you need to align it very carefully.

I think for Ilfochrome a fourth tank accessory is needed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have one of these too, it's a fantastic processor. I just used mine last night, it's a dream machine, though doing a proper cleanup takes a good while.

You could probably run Ciba if you used the W/D module as a 4th bath, possibly? I run mine with RA4 using bath 1 as Dev, 2 as blix and 3 and 4 as washes. I run the replenishment unit, which is a nice piece too, and quite handy.

I've never tried 12" but I bet that would be a bitch to get in there straight without the edges getting fubar'ed.

The springs are titanium, actually. I have a few that broke too. I replaced them with steel ones from the hardware store, but I know those are not going to last. I will have to throw down and get some new titanium ones probably. I am sure they are not cheap.

I'd be worried about rubber stretching or getting brittle over time, though those o-rings are probably cheap enough that it's a non-issue.

Overall these machines are quite well designed. I have a CP-51 but it's seriously dirty (got it that way) and needs major cleaning and a few new rollers before I can fire that up I think.

-Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine came very dirty; it ate dilute toilet bowl cleaners for a week and was scrubbed daily with nylon scouring pads and an old tooth brush before the tanks showed signs of being clean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Mike! I did not realize that ciba requires 4 baths. I have a P3 kit which I'm yet to use and it has only three chemicals in the box: dev, bleach and fix. But I did not know about the rinse between dev and bleach. So scratch that. From now on this is only RA-4 and B/W processor ;-).

Eugene.
    Last edited by anikin; 11-09-2010 at 04:51 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Debating this, what kind of hookups does it need?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    what kind of hookups does it need?
    A normal household electrical plug. Fill the processor with chemicals, plug it in the wall and wait for the chemicals to heat to the required temperature. That's it. You are ready to print. No other hookups.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where is the machine located?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Portland, Oregon. 97068

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin