Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,636   Online: 966

Shooter
    ULarge Format

FS: Gossen Lunasix 3

This is an old spare meter that I've never put to use. At one time, I had 4 of these; I guess I like them.

If you've done your homework, you'll know that these are one of the best low-light meters around. You'll also know that they were made to use mercury batteries, which are no longer available. This meter does NOT have the adapter you need to use modern batteries. The adapters are available from B&H, or there's some guy on the web who sells kits for $5. Do some reading; start here, for instance. Comes with the protective leather case. A word of advice, from experience: glue a thin piece of leather to the inside of the case. Everybody flips these cases open and bends the top back to take a reading, and the point at which the leather case flexes takes a beating until it finally breaks. See the photo to see the flex point. I always remove the meter from the case before using it. Use some Lexol to keep it flexible.

The meter is in good cosmetic shape, with no real scratches, gouges, etc. I took the battery adapter out of another Lunasix and tried it in this one. The readings matched those from my newer Sekonic L-508. Your mileage may vary.

$50 + $5 for USA shipping should do it. Paypal's OK. Satisfaction guaranteed, of course.

Charley
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lunasix1.jpg   Lunasix2.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF

Gossen Lunasix 3

Happy Thanksgiving!

My Gossen Lunasix 3 recently died. As it's a grey-case model like yours there's no way to repair it, so I'm very interested in buying the one you have for sale. My only question concerns your particular meter's robustness. Is your "YMMV" merely to highlight that measurements can vary between any two meters or is it a cautionary note concerning the state of your meter? If you are confident the meter is in good shape internally I'm ready to send the PayPal payment (confirmed address) as soon as you send me your PayPal address. Many thanks.

John Kunstadter
    www.radzimaphoto.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    John:

The YMMV is just a basic CYA, and, as you surmised, just an indication that meters can have a slight variance. The readings of this one are consistant. If you've used these meters, you know their build quality. As mentioned, your satisfaction is guaranteed.

These meters CAN be repaired, but the costs are usually more than the price of another used one. What went wrong with your meter? There are websites (and individuals here) that will help you try and repair the meter yourself.

PM sent.

Charley

Shooter
    35mm RF
    PayPal payment sent. Many thanks. JK

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin