Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,762   Online: 1264

Thread: Gossen Luna Pro

Shooter
    35mm

Gossen Luna Pro

Gossen Luna Pro with case. Some marks on the body and wear on the case, but it works well (uses two MRB625 batteries - not included). One of the best light meters made.

Price: $39.00 plus shipping. I ship worldwide and take PayPal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08922.JPG   DSC08923.JPG  

Images
    Question sent via pm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So it originally called for mercury batteries then? Do the Wein offer identical performance and are silver or alkaline an option?

Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    The meter requires Wein or mercury batteries (available in some countries, but not in the USA) for accurate readings. There are also adapters available that convert alkaline or silver-oxide batteries to the correct voltage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In addition, there are adapters available that permit use of smaller, hearing aid batteries.

The hearing aid batteries are the same technology as the Wein (zinc air) batteries, with the same constant voltage characteristics. They are much less expensive than the Wein cells, and easier to find. That is good, because zinc air cells don't last particularly long.

I got my hearing aid battery adapters from Jon Goodman (interslice on eBay). No connection, satisfied customer, etc.

I also have an adapter that works with the silver oxide cells. I am not sure about whether that type of adapter will do the job with alkaline batteries. Silver oxide offer very stable voltages, while alkaline don't.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    One more remark: This meter was checked by my camera tech on his calibration unit and he tells me it is accurate.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin