Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,403   Online: 747

STP

Shooter
    Medium Format

FS: Nikon Super Coolscan 8000 ED scanner, $575

Nikon Scanner 8000 for 35mm and medium format. I'm the original owner. Complete in box with setup instructions, user's manual, Nikon Scan software (latest version can be downloaded from Nikon), film holders (35mm slides, 35mm film strips, and 120 film strips), power cable, and firewire cable.

I've priced the scanner exceptionally low because I think it needs a CLA, and I'm selling it as such. It scans beautifully (I can send a sample scan done a few days ago), but the film holders don't always feed properly. Sometimes it functions perfectly, but other times the mechanism stalls and the "hardware error" light flashes. I've factored a complete CLA by the Nikon Service Center in New York into the price. For saving me the hassle, and for taking on the delay the CLA will require, I've set a price that will save the buyer several hundred dollars over what a newly serviced scanner with service warranty would reasonably cost.

Add $35 for insured shipping; I'll cover any additional amount for shipping, and I'll cover the paypal fee (although the gift option would be appreciated; it's up to the buyer). I will sell and ship only to the lower 48 states.

I've bought and sold extensively on photo.net (stp), fredmiranda.com (SteveP), apug (stp), rangefinderforum(stp), and ebay (stp-montana). Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    were the 8000 models usb or firewire only? Also what was the CLA priced at from Nikon?
    Lee

STP

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Firewire only. Nikon won't give an estimate for a CLA until they receive the unit (despite my pleading). I did some internet research and found a discussion that suggested around $350. Then I made a second call to Nikon and pleaded some more; they came back with "$100-$200," but I don't believe it.... I'll stick with my $350 estimate.

STP

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The scanner has been sold.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin