Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,710   Online: 1129

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Yashica Lynx 14 35mm rangefinder w/ case

hey guys,

I purchased this a few months ago at a camera show, and since,having run 10 or so rolls through it, it works perfectly! The shutter(Copal leaf shutter) works perfect, and get this: IT'LL SYNC ALL THE WAY TO 1/500th!!! The x-sync works great(no hot shoe, but a "cold"/dead shoe)The lens has some minor internal dust, but nothing that's affected my negatives and slides so far ! The needle meter cell works, but I haven't used it to gauge exposure, having used another handheld meter.

Having done some reading up on this camera after purchasing, I found that this was designated mostly as a consumer camera. The optics wasn't top-tier in terms of contrast and "sharpness", but was good enough for most people's uses. It's worked great for me; it ain't a Leica 35/2 summicron sharpness-wise, but its a cheap way to start shooting with a RF.

-- The lens is a 1.4, nice and fast for available light shooting. All shutter speeds are super accurate. From my 11x14 enlargements, the rangefinder is dead-on. The integrated 10sec timer built into the lens works great!

-- The sale includes the Yashica leather 2piece form-case. Its seen better days, but I'll include it with the camera nonetheless. Also comes with a Pentax 58mm lenscap in picture #2

$135 SHIPPED IN THE USA
    int'l members please PM for a shipping quote, please include your country + post code for an accurate quote via USPS

paypal is best(split the fees), I'll accept PMO's however(will need to clear fully before shipping)

5% to APUG

thanks!

-Dan

__

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    There is nothing wrong with Yashica's optics, the lenses on their fixed-lens rangefinders have withstood the test of time and are very still highly regarded, and the Lynx 14 is counted among the best (and certainly the fastest) of compact rangefinders of its era.

Dan, this looks like an excellent example of a camera that will likely only increase in value.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have a Lynx 14 - acquired here actually - which I love. I wouldn't exactly call it compact though as a Nikon FG with a 50mm f/1.4 is the same size or smaller.

That said, I love the lens. Perhaps I just like shooting wide open. Or perhaps I'm just more selective about what I shoot with fast film. Either way, I end up with a higher rate of keepers with this camera than with anything else.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Brian, I think that compact "then" is different than compact "now". My Konica Auto S2 was considered a compact rangefinder when it was new, I doubt that anyone would see it as a compact now. A couple of weeks ago, a co-worker brought in an early Kodak Pocket folder, all I could think when I saw it was "Boy, they must have had huge pockets back then".

But back to the topic, the Lynx 14 has been on my "want" list for some time now. I almost wish that this one wouldn't sell until after the holidays, when I will be able to afford to buy myself a present or two.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    camera is still available

thanks

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hey all,

I got a little bit of a disturbing update-

for some reason, the camera will fire, but the shutter WILL NOT OPEN. I've been researching this problem on the 'net, and it seems that a CLA should take care of it, so I'm dropping the price to $75($60 off original price) SHIPPED in the USA, and 50/50 on int'l shipping costs for int'l APUG members.

seriously, this is disturbing to me, cause less than a week ago, it was working fine 100%, now nothing.

-Dan

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Does this Yashica still need a good home?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    this Yashica was sent to the TRASH about 2mo ago. Sorry for not updating the thread.

its gone to its final resting place, the scrap yard

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Should have sent it to me, what a shame...
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Why would you do that? :<

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin