Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,243   Online: 816

Shooter
    35mm RF

Yahsica MG-1 Black (READ)

I have a Black Yashica MG-1 in great condition condition, no dings, dents, and with minor very small marks which you really have to look closely to see. Made in Hong Kong version. The shutter works and I have tried to test with batteries over the years and could not get the meter to work. However, if someone is handy they may be able to fix that issue. Otherwise all functions work! It is a very clean camera overall.

Asking $20 + $5.00 USA Shipping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0761.jpg   DSCN0764.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A few notes on the battery. I just this week bought an MG-1 locally off Craigslist in quite dirty condition, but was able to restore it and even get the meter working.
    Use a letter opener to stretch the spring a bit, so the battery rig can touch the positive pole, which is the inside of the battery cover.
    Tape two 1.5v LR44/357 button cells to the top of a 3v 123 battery, putting the tape around the sides so that both ends of the rig can make contact.
    The battery goes in backwards than you might expect, with the flat bottom of the 123 going into the camera first, against the spring, and the taped LR44s sticking out until you put the cover on.
    To activate the meter, press the shutter halfway down. Depending on overexposure or underexposure, one of the lights on the top should come on and a colored arrow light up at the top of the viewfinder.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I used a battery adapter from Yashica Guy w/ a new battery, which I know works (with a GSN). The MG-1 I have looks like new otherwise.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin