Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,861   Online: 1065

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sx-70

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Sx-70

I have an Sx-70 that is black and chrome. I've run a few packs of 600 film through it and it works great with a ND2 filter over the lens. This is a great manual focus SLR. The only reason I'm getting rid of this one is that I've come across a Polaroid 450 that I like a bit better. The camera is serial number 4K628121719 you can check out the exact specs on the camera by entering the serial number at the following site:

http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/sx70sn.htm

I'm asking $115, including shipping and the ND2 filter to U.S. destinations. If you need it for the holiday season we can talk about expidited shipping. Offers will be gladly entertained.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to interrupt your sale but I just got a musty old Polaroid 450 (and a 250) with an odd lot of stuff. What is it useful for?

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No problem Mike.The Land Camera 100 series will accept Fuji packfilms, these give a bigger image (and negative) then the polaroid 600 films. I'm just starting to dabble around with these packfilms, but it is relatively easy to get the negatives to a printable stage.

Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe O'Brien View Post
    I have an Sx-70 that is black and chrome. I've run a few packs of 600 film through it and it works great with a ND2 filter over the lens. This is a great manual focus SLR. The only reason I'm getting rid of this one is that I've come across a Polaroid 450 that I like a bit better. The camera is serial number 4K628121719 you can check out the exact specs on the camera by entering the serial number at the following site:

http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/sx70sn.htm

I'm asking $115, including shipping and the ND2 filter to U.S. destinations. If you need it for the holiday season we can talk about expidited shipping. Offers will be gladly entertained.
    I went to that page and entered the serial number you provided, and no specifications were listed. It says that "Your camera is probably an SX-70 model 2 or Alpha 2." Is it safe to assume that this camera cannot be used with electronic flash?
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    specs:
    Your camera has the Alpha 1 shutter design with the "hybrid" focus wheel.
    Your camera is probably an SX-70 model 2 or Alpha 2.
    The serial number itself is: 81217
    Your camera was made on October 7, 1976 during the A shift.
    i'ld love it, but i'm in europe.
    been looking for a decent one.

maarten.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chazzy: I am unsure whether or not an electronic flash can be used, I will try to look into it though.

Maarten: If you are interested you can have it for $12(USD) less than whatever the cost of shipping to Europe is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chazzy: According to this website, accessory electronic flashes are available: http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landdcam-sx70.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pictures available upon request.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Price drop $75 shipped

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The SX-70 is a marvel of a camera and better than most realize. I've got a number of Polaroid cameras in storage including a coiple of the manual focus SX-70s and when I used to shoot them on a tripod I found them truly to have great potential. While we morn the loss of a film series such as Reala and Kodachrome, for me the sad day was when Polaroid closed down film making.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin