Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,304   Online: 814

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FS - 9.6", f4.5 Petzval

I have a nice 9.6" petzval for sale. I put it on my whole plate camera and it barely covers, so this would be ideal for 8x10 or larger, depending on what effects you are trying to get. The focal length is marked on the front doublet by the manufacturer. Luckily for the buyer, it isn't marked Darlot or you'd have to pay an extra couple of hundred for it...

Specs: 9.6" focal length marked. Glass diameter is approx 55mm, so that gives aperture of around f4.4 or f4.5. About 5" tall, 2 3/4" diameter thru the lens barrel alone; at threads it is about 2 7/8" diameter. Should fit on a normal 4x4 board. All 3 pieces weigh 952g together.

As a straight portrait petzval to get the 'old fashioned look', it would work on as small as 5x7, but it's doubtful it would ever swirl on that.

The glass is is very nice shape with NO separation. There is a projection barrel that comes with it if you want it. You can use that to thread the lens straight into a wooden lens board if you want. There is also a focus mechanism that I have that fits, but I don't have any screws for it. That is yours as well, if you want it.

Known Faults: I don't see any.

Price: I'd like $185 shipped in the USA for it via USPS money order. Australia: None of the last 3 international priority packages I've sent to my daughter Australia in the past 6 weeks have arrived. So, no sales to Oz unless you pay via direct deposit and agree to wait for months to get it...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    How about $165 shipped in the USA? Shipping goes up on Jan 2, so the offer ends then as well.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    sold over on LFF

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin