Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,762   Posts: 1,516,167   Online: 977

Thread: Omega D5XL

Shooter
    35mm

Omega D5XL

I have 2 ESECO Speedmaster Compucolor printing systems on Omega D5XL enlargers. One is a Pro-45 and the other is an Auto-45. The difference is the Auto-45 has sensors that compute the position of the lens and distance to the easel. I never used this feature but have tested it and it works. Each enlarger has a 5X5, 3X3 and 35mm mixing chamber. The Auto-45 comes with 4X5, 6X6, 6X7, and 6X9 carriers. The 6X9 is for cut film. The Pro-45 comes with 6X7, 6X9 and 35mm carrier. This 6X9 is for roll film. They each come with a book which explains how to program the computer unit and set everything up.

They each come with a 3 lens turret with lenses mounted.
    Auto-45 lenses are: 150mm Schneider Componon
    90mm Rodenstock Omergaron
    50mm Schneider Componon
    Pro-45 lenses are: 135mm Schneider Componon
    80mm Schneider Componon
    50mm EL Nikkor

I am also including extra ELC lamps but honestly with the shutter system these heads use the lamps last a long long time. The lamps are always in a low voltage state and when you hit focus or print the shutter opens and the lamp is at full power instantly which not only keeps the lamp from burning out but gives a very constant light output. I had a custom lab and only changed lamps when they started losing output and that was about once a year.

I am asking $500 for each enlarger. PayPal or money order.

If your are interested in both I will give you a great deal.

I bought these enlargers new (Auto-45 was $15,000 and the Pro-45 was $12,000 that's without the turrets and lenses) and they are in very good condition. They show ware but only from normal use. The only thing that is very worn on both is the locking rail. I have a new rail for the Auto-45 and it is included. The locks do still work on both.

I have been printing for a very long time and this is my all time favorite enlarging system. I also had 2 DeVere 504 enlargers with the same system and they are great but for speed and ease the Omegas are my pick.

I am in Henderson NV so if your close enough you could come pickup one or both and I can show you how they work. They are setup and plugged in so the computers do not lose their memory. They have chargeable IC sockets so if they are unplugged for a long time they will lose their memory.

I can ship by UPS but I have no idea what that might cost so we can figure that out if you are interested.

My reason for selling is I just don't print much anymore so they take up space and I hate to take them apart and put in storage. I can't give printing up all together so I am keeping one Omega D5XL for when I have the erg to do some B&W.

The enlarger in the pic is the Pro-45 but the Auto-45 looks identical. The other pic is one of the turrets and some of the carriers.

Any questions just ask.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Omega-1.jpg   Omega-2.jpg  

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Hello,

I am actually looking for a 5x7 or 8x10 enlarger for B/W printing only. I thought I would mention this to you in case you have other items you plan to sell that fit this interest.

Thank you,
    Mark Booth

boothm@mac.com
    425-681-2747

Shooter
    35mm
    Mark,

I'm sorry I haven't answered you but there does not seem to be any interest in my enlargers so I haven't been checking my listing. I do not have any 5X7 or 8X10 items for B&W or color printing.

It looks like I will have to part these enlargers out and I really hate to do that but I leave them setup and they are in the way.

Thanks,
    Jay

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    How much would it take to ship one of them to Miami?

Shooter
    35mm
    I really don't know because they are set up and I have no way to weigh them. The baseboard is very heavy so if you wall mount or make your own baseboard I would guess around $100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry to be slow. So the Auto will do 4x5, right? And I need to read more about the heads. I'm mostly interested in B&W, but
    these are color heads. I am in San Diego.
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I read up on the ESECO heads - looks like these are really nice, and B&W can be done with the dichroic head, right? It would seem that you could do 4x5 with either of them - but only one of them has the 4x5 carrier (and probably lens to cover?).
    Steve
    San Diego, CA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent on enlargers

Steve

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin