My beloved Nikon F5 + accesorries for sale!!!
After much internal turmoil, Iíve decided to let my F5 go. I just donít use it anymore. Itís a pity as this is certainly the most amazing photography hardware I ever owned. Built for speed, and crazy rugged. I now use medium format for about 80% of my pictures, the rest in 4x5. Iím selling the whole kit as follows:
1) Nikon F5 body in beautiful condition. I bought the camera new about 10 years ago, used it only for family related pictures. I canít see any marks on the body, and of course it is 100% functional. It comes in its original box. I canít find the owners manual, but I do have the custom setting pocket guide that I always kept in the camera bag.
2) I also have the cable that connects the camera to your PCís serial port (Datacable2). With SoftTALK 2000 youíll be able to access and change all the cameraís custom functions as well as see and save the shooting data for each exposure. Iíll include the software and password on a CD.
3) AF D Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5. This is the only lens I ever used. I never used the 50mm that came with the camera. For family and travel, this lens worked perfectly for me. It renders very sharp pictures, and the zoom range was perfect. It also has a macro setting. The lens barrel shows more wear than the rest of the equipment but still very nice, just not as shiny as it was. The glass is great and of course it works perfectly. It comes with the original front and rear lens caps, the hood, and a pouch.
4)Iíll also include 3 Nikon Speedlights. All the speedlights are in excellent condition.
a. The first, and the one that stayed on the camera for all outdoor shooting, is the SB-23. This tiny flash weighs next to nothing, never seems to wear out the batteries, and provides amazing automatic fill with the F5ís matrix meter. I literally never took it off the camera outdoors, except when I needed more power.
b. The second speedlight is my trusty SB-22. Itís packed with features, and provides significantly more light than the SB-23 for indoors. It comes with the case.
c. Finally, of course I have the SB-28. It was designed for the F5, and is very powerful. It also comes with the carry case. Iíll also include the Magic Lantern Guide to the SB-28.
5) I also have, and will include, a Nikon SU-4 wireless TTL flash trigger. You must be wondering why I have 3 flashes. With this amazing accessory, I used either the SB-23 or the SB-22 on the camera, and the SB-28 with the SU-4 off camera and kept complete TTL control from the F5 wirelessly! This was a very compact multiple light studio. I intended to buy another SU-4 to use 3 lights at a time but never got around to it. The SU-4 is in beautiful condition and comes with its pouch and an accessory for use on Cameraís with a pop-up flash.
6) Iíll also include a B+W circular polarizer that fits the AF D Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5. There are 2 issues with the polarizer. I bought it used and it has a clearly visible mark on the glass, and the lens vignettes at 28mm. Consider it a freebie.
7) Finally, Iíll include my Lowepro Orion Mini in excellent condition. It was my most used bag for the F5. It carried the F5 with the zoom lens, and one flash. The bag fits like a belt and keeps the F5 always ready for shooting. Iíll also include an original Nikon AH-4 hand grip/strap. I never used the neck strap. The hand strap was much more efficient.
If I consider the market value (i.e., ebay completed auctions) for the kit it comes out to $700 - $875 for items in similar condition to mine. I think $700 + shipping is reasonable, I hope you agree.
Last edited by Pasto; 12-22-2010 at 09:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.
That is one hell of a deal.
"While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"
I miss my f5 so much,i sold it to go 4x5 and i regret it a lot.I wish i had the money to pick up your kit.I miss my 85 1.8,180 2.8 and tokina 400mm 5.6 a lot also.Now i use rz67 gear and digital but i seriously consider getting another f5 from time to time. Some one needs to give this camera a loving home.
The F5 along with the 28-105 is my favored combination when I travel and want to shoot 35mm. This is a fabulous camera, very well made and very rugged. And the auto-focus is blazing fast! The macro focusing option on the 28-105 can be quite handy, and this is one of the only zoom lenses I use.
This is a great deal for a great camera.
Last edited by Sanjay Sen; 12-22-2010 at 10:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.
Reason: Inadvertent double-post.
Sponsored Ad. (Subscribers to APUG have the option to remove this ad.)
I know I'll regret it too but I have to be practical about things. Limited resources, etc.......
It's been my observation that when film cameras are priced as a kit, and are priced above $300, they simply don't sell. There's a Minolta Maxxum 9 on eBay that's been on for months at $500 and hasn't sold. You may have better luck selling it piece by piece even though it's harder...
In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.
Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions.