Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,739   Online: 925

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Yikes! Need to raise some cash. Wide Field Protar Series IV

This is a terrific little lens and the antique shutter works!

This tiny little guy will cover 6.5X8.5 with movements! It is 155mm f12.5

You'll be thrilled with the images this can make for you! $225 shipped in USA
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I love the title of your ad. Awesome lens by-the-way -- Protars rule!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    lol, yesterday I got a notice at work that my corporate credit card had $300 ++ overdue by 87 days and when it gets to 90 they notify the executives in the corp. My wife thought I paid, I thought she paid, and all the mail was getting re-directed! All handled in the mean time so I won't get sawed into small pieces and stored in baggies now.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I didn't know that the little green men had corporate credit cards. The more your learn...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jim, when you say 'the shutter works', do all speeds sound accurate enough, are there working B and T speeds? Also, on the Volute shutter, what are the sticking out arms for, is it meant to be fired pneumatically or something? Thanks, John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Listening to the speeds, perhaps I got in a bit of a hurry listing this. The speeds sound very fast. 1 second is somewhere near 1/2, 1/2 second is between1/8th and 1/4, etc. Maybe I'll get a chance to work on it today.

The 2 things sticking down, one is a release piston, so yes it was for a pneumatic release. These were often converted to cable release though. You just enlarge the hole and thread it, and the cable pushes the piston instead of the air. The other one is the pneumatic retard piston which is what I will clean today and see if it improves.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another thing is how to mount the lens. There doesn't appear to be a rear thread for a flange. Or is this a 'tight fit in hole' job? Thanks Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by patawauke View Post
    Another thing is how to mount the lens. There doesn't appear to be a rear thread for a flange. Or is this a 'tight fit in hole' job? Thanks Jim
    No, in fact it has a correct retainer with it, just didn't make it into the pics.

I took the retard cyl off and cleaned with some solvent and it did NOT change how it timed, so something else internally is not as it should be I suppose. Speeds are all too fast. By 1/5th on the dial it's pretty much snapping as fast as it goes. Probably 1/60th or so. B and T DO work properly. I see one good cleaning sleak on the back element. SO price dropped to $100 + shipping if anyone wants to play with a nice old lens!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    SOLD!

Thanks All!

Last edited by jimgalli; 01-08-2011 at 02:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin