Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,853   Posts: 1,582,909   Online: 1027

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ansel Adams Exposure Record - Binder and Many Blank Pages - Make an offer!

Hi,

This was something I was very pleasantly surprised to find at a local library sale. It's an official Ansel Adams exposure record log. It comes in a binder and has a short section covering the use of the log, the zone system and so forth, and has many pages for exposure records. The first two pages have a couple exposures recorded but the rest are totally blank. You can see in the last pic how many unused pages remain.

I don't really know what this is worth, but not only is it a cool collectable but it's a completely usable tool for the distinguished photographer.

Make me an offer, I don't really know what to ask for this.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1000097.JPG   P1000098.JPG   P1000099.JPG   P1000103.JPG   P1000105.JPG  

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ..for the distinguished photographer.
    That lets me out.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, here's your chance to become distinguished!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    It's an official Ansel Adams exposure record log.
    If I were you, I'd first make absolutely sure it isn't Uncle Earl's handwriting before counting my blessings...
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's worth more as a slightly collectable item, but unfortunately it's not worth a lot, almost the same exposure record sheet is in "The Negative" (Ansel Adams) and can be copied for free.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    It's worth more as a slightly collectable item, but unfortunately it's not worth a lot, almost the same exposure record sheet is in "The Negative" (Ansel Adams) and can be copied for free.

Ian
    No doubt; and I'm not expecting to get rich off it. It's just neat; it's the real deal.

And yeah, as if there was any doubt, I'm not claiming that this is Mr Adam's personal log.

Shooter
    Large Format
    That is Virginia's writing on the title page!
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    These were sold in bookstores, along with Adams books, in the 1970s. I had one and used it. I kept the filled out form in a folder with the negatives, and the information has actually been helpful in printing (or - gasp- scanning) the old negatives.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    SOLD probably...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin