Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,828   Online: 758

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FS: Gundlach Korona IV Whole Plate "Box" Camera...

Hi, all -

Need to raise some funds, so one of my partially-finished projects is up for sale: A Gundlach Korona IV whole plate box camera.

As you can see from the pictures, the exterior is rough. The leather is chipped and torn in places, but a coat of Bick 4 would do it a world of good. I'd intended to buy a piece of leather on eBay and recover it, which would be a straight-forward, basic job (requiring a knife, a ruler, and some Elmer's glue); I just have too many other projects right now to get to this one. The covering is serviceable as-is; the ground glass cover, though, has torn free on the outer leather, and is only held in place by the inner cloth covering, hence the pretty blue painter's tape hinge. Again, serviceable - you can use this way, or remove the cover altogether. The original ground glass is in fine condition. The handle is intact, but I'd replace it with one of the $10 replacements available on the 'bay if you plan to carry it thusly.

The only other hiccup on the camera is the front rise: It works, but the gearing on the adjustment shaft has slipped, so the geared part of "geared rise" is inaccurate. It can be moved manually, though. Everything else on the camera is working; movements are front rise/fall, rear tilt, and rear shift. The back is reversible. The interior mahogany shows some wear, but is still in very nice condition, due to the contained design of the camera. The release latches for the front and the rear work appropriately. Usable draw is about 15" on this, before the standard starts to retract on the focus sled, which wasn't made to lock. More accurately, the camera is made to be used with about 12" of draw. The bellows pass the flash test fine - I can't find any pinholes. Included is an original lensboard. The rangefinder attachment is long gone.

I have $100 into this project right now. Add a holder, a lens, and some film, and it's shootable right now. Or you can strip it and finish the underlying wood, or recover it with some leather. All I want is to recoup my investment: $100 plus shipping. PayPal only, please.

Scott

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sale pending over to LFf...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin