Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,813   Online: 1016

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Schneider 240 f9 G-Claron in Copal 1 Press

This is the perfect 8X10 wide field lens! I can think of almost nothing that beats it. Maybe the Zeiss f9 wide field Dagor if you could find one, and then only for the value of owning an impressively exotic lens. Think $2800 Zeiss : $415 Schneider

In spite of Schneider's ultra conservative numbers published for the graphic arts industry 40 years ago, this lens covers 82 degrees and stays sharp right to the bitter edge!

That means it has a usable image circle of 410 millimeters. Do the math. An 8X10 needs 310 to cover. That leaves you 100mm or 4 inches of movements. 2 inches in any direction. That was more than enough to make the bellows complain loudly on my old Deardorff!

This is the lens to grab for 8X10 architecture! Landscapes? Only if you want them sharp enough to cut you.

Shutter has been serviced and is running perfect. There are some skid marks in the shutter paint job. Glass is flawless. Jamb nut is there and this lens is ready to give you the best pictures of your 8X10 life. Price: $415 + shipping
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That thing would be a beast on my 5x7! Wish I could swing it right now. Good luck, Jim.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Drool... Drool... Drool... empty wallet... whimper!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    my thoughts exactly - what they said....
    Tim Flynn

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin