Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,487   Posts: 1,571,308   Online: 736

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

FS: $100 Large Format starter kit - Melbourne, Australia

I recently got a couple of 4x5 Calumet CC400 monorails as part of a package deal and I really don't have any use for them. Both are functional if a little grubby. One has a couple of damaged parts, so you could call it a spare parts source.

There is nothing special about a CC400 but it has all the basic movements and enough bellows to cope with moderate FL lenses. It is basically a nice beginner's camera. To sweeten the deal I will include an Astron 4x5 enlarger with 150mm lens and a Yankee tank for developing 4x5 negs. Again, these are functional beginners units that will get you started cheaply.

All of that, as shown, will cost $100.

I can supply suitable lenses and lensboards as well, but they will cost extra. The only other thing you will need will be 4x5 filmholders (I don't have any left) and of course 4x5 film. The CC400 takes a 4" metal lensboard which is quite common and usually cheap and there are many starter lenses out there you could get for $100 - $150.

I'd prefer to sell to someone locally as they will be difficult to transport, but will consider couriers if you are keen enough.

PM me or email paulewins (at) optusnet (dot) com (dot) au

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a generous offer. Some lucky person is going to love this, the price is sooo cheap. The Calumets are super to learn on, make great portrait cams, and will last a very long time as well(I have two m'self).
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stupid Ocean and Equator, then again maybe this will inspire someone that lives closer to where I do.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have this camera over 30 years. Still solid as rock. It has all the movement and easy to use ( but quite heavy). See any lucky people live nearby. I live another side of the earth. You a good guy.

Shooter
    35mm
    Wish I was in Australia!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Great and inspiring setup - grab it, someone, for years of LF fun!!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why is this still for sale.......

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    If someone is driving up to northern NSW from Melbourne who can take this with them. I'll buy it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    There have been a couple of nibbles from interstate, but I haven't had a chance to try and pack it all up and weigh it so I can get a price for sending it by courier. Normally I have spare packing material kicking around, but not at the moment so it is going slow. I had hoped for a local sale, but no such luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're pushing my GAS nerve very hard, but I have no particular aspiration for LF just yet - still fully occupied with MF - and nowhere to store these, particularly the enlarger.
    In fact the one positive aspect is that I am in Melbourne.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin