Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,351   Posts: 1,682,558   Online: 701

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Falling plate box camera - 4x5.

Imperial camera company falling plate box camera. I recall dating it to the 1890s but I don't remember where I got that information now.

Contains 12 plate holders which operate on a falling plate mechanism controlled by a lever on top - with a counter to indicate the exposures taken! The plate holders can be adapted for paper-negatives or film with a simple insert made out of black construction paper. I have made a couple of those (seen in the images) but never actually got around to shooting film in this.

Lens and shutter are meniscus with rotating spring-disk shutter. The shutter was seized when I got it, and I refurbished it so that it now works well. Two exposure settings, time and instant. Two aperture settings: big and small. Falling plate mechanism works very well and makes a ridiculously satisfying KER-chi-CLUNK sound.

I've used it for a couple of paper negs (unfortunately my paper neg technique is bad), but I think for film use you'd want to seal up the back a bit better (it just relies on a tight fit between the wood pieces, and I think for proper light sealing you'd probably want some felt installed.

Very interesting collectible, and the size is true 4x5".

$80.

The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hello Walter...do you send the camera to germany...and can i pay with paypal ?...regards Artur

Shooter
    Large Format
    ps: when germany and paypal
    are good...i buy it :-)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I responded to you via PM.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    falling plate / magazine cameras are THE BEST ...
    and this price can not be beat !

john

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin