Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,491   Online: 1061

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Enlarger lenses: El-Nikkor 50, 80 & Componon-S 150

Already listed the componon-S but figured I'd throw it in here with this specific list.

Schneider Componon-S 150mm, sharp sharp lens. Comes on a turret for D5XL (possibly other Omega models) and a free Componon 50mm (older version): $95

El-Nikkor 50mm f/2.8 - $50
    El-Nikkor 80mm f/4 - $50

Glass on all are in basically perfect condition. Nikkors do not include the turret.

I think the componon is supposed to have an aperture mechanism that lets you jump between preset and wide-open aperture by moving a lever. This one does not do that; the little toggle (a small switch on the side) does nothing. I was never bothered by it, I just stopped it down with the click stops or by looking at it under the safelight (or white light) as appropriate.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Componon S has the aperture lever not the plain Componon, so this lens is correct.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm
    I think there are two different versions of the Componon-S. The version with the non-illuminated aperature scale has a switch just above the aperature ring that enables/disables the click stops. The version with the illuminated scale has the preset lever.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    This is a Componon-S. Also the Nikkor 80mm is an f/5.6 not f/4. Typo / mistake.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Paul; I've never realized what that switch was actually for. I just assumed it was aperture preset.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The 80mm cover 6x7cm?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    80mm sold pending. However, I have a Schneider Componon 80mm (non-S but newer barrel style) also available. I will update with pictures and figure out a price in a bit.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    So, the El-Nikkor 50 is still available, as is the Componon-S 150. I checked and confirmed that the switch turns click stops on and off, so I was mistaken in my assumption that it was a non-working mechanism for aperture stop down. Thanks for the info.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Nikkor 80 sold; componon-S 150 pending. 50 on ebay.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin