Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,477   Online: 904

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Bausch & Lomb Protar Series VIIa No. 8 complete!

From time to time, I spend myself into oblivion and find my resources severely tapped. And, when that happens it means I have to dig into the lens stash of pieces that I have a bit of an emotional bond with that I thought I wasn't going to sell, and offer them. This is such a time.

This is a Bausch & Lomb Series VIIa No. 8 triple convertible lens.

It has all 3 possible aperture combinations engraved in the superbly finished barrel. The engraved part is a sleeve. You slide it off and rotate it for the lens combo in use, so the aperture indicator will be pointing at the correct scale.

Glass is sweet, but the 11 3/4" cell does exhibit about 1/8th to 3/16ths inch of balsam seperation. Common on these, and it really doesn't affect the contrast or image. Gone by f8 or so. It is 7" combined, 11 3/16 and 13 3/4 seperates. It also includes the usually lost lens shade (didn't make it into the photos) that you screw into the barrel when using singles at the back. That cuts the glare from the threads and gives a fine finished look.

$225 + shipping please.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ya'no, ya gotta stop puttin stuff up for sale that I want, but cannot afford. Arrghh...
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the nice post Rick. Not to worry though. This is SOLD! Thanks All.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin