Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,760   Online: 923

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mamiya RB 250mm lens - needs repair

First series RB lens, pre-C. Glass is good. Body is good. Has no hood. Has one loose aperture blade. See pix. Aperture will stop down, and the loose blade is mostly out of the way, but the aperture opens a little sluggishly and needs a little fiddling to open it up if you stop it down. This happened in shipping, so I think the repair will be fairly simple. Probably just need to hook that one blade back onto its pin. I shoot it wide open on negative film with a half stop added just to cover that sagging blade, and get sharp pictures with a lovely non-coated quality.

Asking $40 or best offer, plus shipping that is probably about $10.

P.S. Image files names say "RZ," but this is an RB lens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RZ_250mmProblem1.JPG   RZ_250mmProblem2.JPG  
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I maybe interested if I can find someone to repair the lens.
    Does the shutter fire well?
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

Yes, the shutter fires properly on my RZ. Have not tried it on an RB, but there should be no difference.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think I'm going to pass. Sorry.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi folks. Yes, there will be a repair cost, of course. I got a quote at $130 from a local guy.

This is really best for someone who already knows how to get into these lenses and put them back together. Once you are in, fixing it should not be hard. The blade simply shook loose in the mail from MI to CA when I bought the camera kit.

$40 or best offer for the lens. Will look at trades too.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let's try $40 with shipping included now.
    2F/2F

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Damn. I'm honestly surprised nobody's going for this. I would snatch it up if I wasn't so tight on finances right now. Not sure if I have anything worth trading for it. I'll have to have a look when I get home. Can't do money, but if I have gear to spare, I'm interested. Otherwise, after the trip that I have planned, if I have enough money left, I may be interested if someone else doesn't bite.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The Pre-C is a great lens, high resolution, but a very gentle manner about it. I love using it.
    Somebody needs to snap this up for 40 bucks! Uglier paperweights cost more than that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Okay Rob, I'll bite. PM Sent
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it is still available, I will take it.
    Sending PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin