Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,773   Posts: 1,516,596   Online: 1089

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Exakta 66 Medium Format 6x6 - RARE - Zeiss 50mm 4.0 - Original Box + Brochure!

Up for sale is my most beloved camera - an Exakta 66 120 film camera. Medium format 6x6. I think the pictures speak enough for how beautiful this camera is - honestly probably one of the best looking cameras of all time.

This is a great way to get into medium format as the Exakta 66 is a very reliable body (unlike the older Pentacon Six) that has access to all of the great schneider and zeiss glass made in P6 mount. Unlike the classic P6 these cameras have no overlapping frame issues, are extremely solid and reliable in design, and very attractive aesthetically. This camera is also quite rare, and as such a collectors item, and comes WITH the original box and brochure! Another little known feature of this camera is the ability to switch between stop down metering and automatic indexing by flipping lever "c" - this allows you to use a whole set of third party lenses, bellows, etc etc. You also need no power to operate this camera - its purely mechanical. If you add a metered prism you will need to use a small battery in the prism itself.

Shutter speeds up to 1/1000 of a second - faster than almost all other focal plane shutters of its size. Crisp, clear WLF that is bright and easy to focus. Great built in magnifier and horizontal split prism, as well as grid lines for lining up those "rule of thirds" shots.

Included in the package is a waist level finder (WLF), Exakta 66 camera body, caps etc, original box and manual, and original brochure.

Im offering this camera to you at a price of $1200 including the Zeiss 50mm F/4.0, or $999 without. Offers may be considered. The only reason I am selling this camera is that the economy has hit me hard, and as a recent university graduate I also have loans to pay off. Ive never used something like this camera; the quality is just mindblowing (and this is coming from a Nikon D3 owner).

I also have a tilt adapter for using P6 mount lenses on Nikon F-mount cameras (this adapter could be combined with an adapter ring to fit almost any brand of SLR) that I would possibly consider including with the lens. It allows 0-8 degrees of tilt in any direction and the ability to use the top quality zeiss glass on your Nikon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails exakta_66_2.jpg   exakta_66.jpg  
    Last edited by kawasakiguy37; 02-25-2011 at 11:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree that the Exakta is one of the few cameras that will outlive us all haha. It's industrial design is really quite fetching. I wish I could pick this up from you.
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Drooooooool.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Juuuuuuuust out of curiosity, which Mod is this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm guessing it's the Mod 2, but it could be the 1. Definitely not the 3 though, that one looked slightly different.
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe its the same model (though not the same camera) that I owned for over 5 years. That was a model II. This example is in better condition than mine was. I was also was lucky enough to get a Schneider Curtagon 60mm and Tele Xenar 150mm. That combined with multi coated Zeiss lenses made it an excellent outfit. It was, indeed, more reliable and easier to load correctly than the Pentacon six.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It should say right on the winding knob. Does the OP check this thread? :-D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Its the original model, anybody know if theres a serial number somewhere on this thing?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sold Pending Funds

Serial number was on the box FYI

Shooter
    Medium Format
    sale fell through, price drop to $900 shipped or $1050 special with lens

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin