Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,883   Posts: 1,629,724   Online: 709

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

FS: Photo books--monographs, catalogues, anthologies

Combing through my book shelves, I've found some extra copies of photo books. I don't have the bookseller's condition-rating lingo down, but all are in decent or good shape unless otherwise noted.

I'll prefer to sell the entire batch, which I'm pricing at $375 (which is less than what copies of American Prospects usually sell for). If that doesn't happen, I'll eventually sell books individually. (I don't do much book selling, but I'm pricing at about half of what I'm seeing on Amazon or eBay. But if you think some of the prices are way off, let me know.)

Joel Sternfeld; American Prospects, first edition; dust jacket shows wear and has small tears near the edges; bottom half-inch of spine shows some damage; inside of the book is beautiful--no wear; $200 . . .

Garry Winogrand, The Animals, paper; 1st edition; cover is in rough shape and there are some stains on the inside front and back pages; pages with images are fine; beautifully printed in gravure; $40 . . .

Darkroom 2; Lustrum Press, 1978; paper; $10 . . .

Len Jenshel, Travels in the American West, $10 . . .

Robert Adams, Beauty in Photography: Essays in Defense of Traditional Values; 1989 edition, paperback; $10 . . .

John Szarkowski, From the Picture Press; Second printing, 1975; a wonderful, underrated book, $12 . . .

John Szarkowski, Looking At Photographs, paper, 1st edition, possible ex-library copy, but in nice shape; for my money, the best history of photography book ever written--a work of art in itself, $25 . . .

Szarkowski, The Photographer's Eye; (For the 'full-batch sale, I'll include one good hardcover copy.) I have 4-5 copies, paper and hardcover, varying conditions; all are 1st edition, either first printing (1966) or second printing (1980); gorgeous gravure printing, $15-40, depending on cover type and condition . .

Szarkowski; The Face of Minnesota; first edition (1958), second printing (1964); hardcover, but no dust jacket; $12 . . .

Szarkowski; Walker Evans, MoMA 1971 exhibition catalogue, third printing (1979), paper; owner's name written on frontispiece; $25

The Appalachian Photographs of Doris Ulmann; surface tear on front cover, paper, $12 . . .

Henry Wessel, Jr. ; paper; rare 1976 monograph from Grossmont College exhibition; $50 . . .

I have a few pictures of some of the actual covers.

Domestic postage at actual cost.

Shooter
    35mm
    which "domestic postage" country are you referring to...........?

Shooter
    35mm
    PM sent on Szarkowski's The Face of Minnesota

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    PM sent re: Darkroom 2

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I've been getting requests for individual books if the set is broken up. If so, The Animals, Darkroom 2, and The Face of Minnesota are tentatively spoken for.

However, one last price reduction for the whole shebang. (Price includes one HC copy of The Photographer's Eye, the nicest looking one I've got.) How about $300 plus shipping?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I'm selling the books individually. The Animals is spoken for, as is Darkroom2 and The Face of Minesota. There's a tentative hold on Looking At Photographs, Walker Evans, and one hardcover copy of The Photographer's Eye, but I haven't received confirmation yet.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Still available:

Joel Sternfeld; American Prospects $185

Len Jenshel, Travels in the American West, $10

Robert Adams, Beauty in Photography: Essays in Defense of Traditional Values; 1989 edition, paperback; $10.

John Szarkowski, From the Picture Press; Second printing, 1975; $12.

Szarkowski, The Photographer's Eye; I have 3-4 copies, paper and hardcover, varying conditions; all are 1st edition, either first printing (1966) or second printing (1980); $15-35, depending on cover and condition.

The Appalachian Photographs of Doris Ulmann; $10.

Henry Wessel, Jr. ; paper; rare 1976 monograph from Grossmont College exhibition; $45.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails american_prospects.jpg   wessel_front.jpg   ulmann.jpg   Beauty_in_photography.jpg   photographers_eye.jpg  

picture_press.jpg  
    Last edited by peterlat; 03-06-2011 at 01:28 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add 1 photo . .

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Len Jenshel and Doris Ulmann books are sold.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin