Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,889   Posts: 1,629,837   Online: 1041

Shooter
    Large Format

Linhof Tripod, 3-way head, accessories platform

I have some Linhof items for sale that are no longer being used and really need a good home.
    I accept PayPal or USPS money order.

1) Linhof 3-Way Pan-Tilt Tripod Head, model 003615, $100 shipped to CONUS only.
    Very good condition, some cosmetic marks, fully functional, smooth operation, locks down tight. Tilt handle can be stowed in almost any convenient position.
    Base diameter = 84mm (3.3”)
    Camera platform = 3.25 x 2.0" (flat surface)
    Camera interface = 1/4”
    Tripod interface = 3/8”
    Height = 6”
    Wt = 1.1 kg (2.5 lb)

2) Linhof tripod (early model, load rating unknown), includes accessories platform shown in pics, local pickup preferred (zip 98027) but will ship to CONUS if you pay actual shipping cost. $150 plus shipping.
    Excellent condition, very solid, few cosmetic marks, never used outdoors.
    3-section legs with braces
    Head interface diameter = 84mm (3.3”)
    Length, folded (w/o head) = 29”
    Max height (w/o head), legs extended = 59”
    Max height (w/o head), legs retracted = 41”
    Geared column additional height = 22”
    Min height (w/o head), legs retracted = 26”
    Reversible center column, threaded studs = 3/8-16” at one end, 1/4-20" at other end
    Wt = 3.4 kg (7.5 lb)

(3) Linhof Tripod Platform for Accessories (included with tripod)
    Excellent condition, barely used
    10.5” x 15.5”, clamps to geared column at the top or bottom
    Wt = .77 kg (1.7 lbs)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Linhof 3-Way Pan-Tilt Head.jpg   Linhof Platform at Top.jpg   Linhof Tripod - Full View.jpg   Linhof Tripod Controls.jpg   Linhof Platform at Bottom.jpg  

Last edited by silveror0; 03-09-2011 at 04:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interested in the Linhof Tripod Platform for Accessories, price w/shipping conus.
    Lee

Shooter
    Large Format

Linhof Accessories Platform

Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    Interested in the Linhof Tripod Platform for Accessories, price w/shipping conus.
    Lee
    Lee,
    Before I take the time to get you a quote, just want to make sure you understand that the platform is designed to attach to this tripod's geared column, which is why I'm offering as a set. So you may have to create an adapter of some kind if you want to attach it to a different tripod, in which case you'd need to know the dimension of the geared column, which is a nicely chromed (steel, I think, judging by its weight) solid round piece with Dia = 24.1 mm. It has a strip of gear teeth installed into it that protrudes 2.9 mm. That's why the opening in the platform is not simply a round hole, as you can see in these closeup photos. If you really are interested, I'll need your zip to get a shipping quote. The selling price would be $20.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Linhof Platform Top View.jpg   Linhof Platform Bottom View.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have this very same head. Nice, sturdy but heavy.
    I also have the tripod. You can fully dissasemble it (for shipping) but be very careful not to force anything, the metal breaks very easily. (Don't ask me how I know this...)
    The column is in fact only a chromes steel tube (with gearteeth on the side) so if you know the diameter you simply clamp anything you want to it. So for the table it needs only a piece of tube with outher diameter of the hole of the table and inner diameter corresponding to what you want to attach it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    WOW I see now. I thought it was a totally different item (1) head (2) tripod legs (3) tripod/table.
    I should have consulted my wife first she could have given me standard answer 001... Lee your wrong again.

Apreciate your taking the time to illuminate what it is. I'll pass for this time. But I do kinda want to know if one might run up the center column put the shelf on low to the legs and have the camera on the top with the head so you have a working shelf below the camera in the studio?

Lee

Shooter
    Large Format
    Lee,
    As you can see in the photo that shows the platform placed at the bottom of the center column, you would not be able to raise the column very much as the platform would hit the leg braces. However, the column can be raised to its maximum height with the platform installed anywhere between the head and the top of the gear housing. The quickest way to set this up is to hold down the gear release (serrated lever next to hand crank) which disengages the gear-drive from the column while the release is held down, then grab the column and lift it out of the tripod, then slide the platform onto the column and re-insert the column into the tripod while holding down the gear release. Final height positioning of the column and platform can then be done and locked. It's quite easy.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin