Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,321   Posts: 1,536,863   Online: 1122

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shutter testers

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Thanks for that hint. But now the model from the videos does not show up (confusing).

Now I see there is even a new feature added to one model: curtain speed metering
    This is a useful addition. I may have to buy one as lately I've been rebuilding Zorki and Fed cameras and need to test the curtains at the beginning and end of travel. I built a tester a few years ago but it's always been somewhat suboptimal - at slow speeds it seems OK but at speeds greater than 1/250 the audio signal becomes stretched out and it's harder to pick the onset and offset of the signal.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16474348/we...ed_Tester.html

I think part of the problem is that I put the phototransistor inside the box - I should have put it outside the box so the light is not diffracted by the plastic.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have to think about it. Thanks.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Thanks for that hint. But now the model from the videos does not show up (confusing).

Now I see there is even a new feature added to one model: curtain speed metering
    My confusion was based on my idea that all testers were from the same maker resp. fellow Apugger, who just changed name.

But now it seems there are two makes resp. two makers...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin