Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,097   Online: 710

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Beater Rolleiflex 2.8 Planar

Total beater Rolleiflex 2.8 Planar

This camera was once owned by Jack Bradley, jazz impressario, photographer of Louis Armstrong http://www.libertyhall.com/stamp/bradley.html

The camera is WELL used. With missing paint, and wavy metal on the front panel and camera back. It has a short scratch on the taking element, pictured in the photos attached. This imperfection in the taking lens doesn't seem to impact the images unless you shoot directly into the sun. I've made nice images with this camera. It shoots. It focuses. The "B" setting stays open until you move the shutter speed dial. Other than that, all speeds work and are close to marked speed.

It's a good kick around on the beach camera. If it gets damaged, you won't feel bad. It's already been to hell and back. If you research images of Louis Armstrong, shot by Jack Bradley, know that the pictures were done with this camera. According to Jack, who I met a few years ago when I bought this camera, it was his only camera. He'd bought it new, and used the hell out of it. Wasn't interested in gear at all...just interested in capturing his friend Louis in his daily life.
    http://www.louisarmstronghouse.org/n...ng-s-Garden-39

Comes packed in a nice leather Rolleiflex case.

$250 OR BEST OFFER shipped in lower 48. Shipping to CA negotiable.

Thanks,
    Neal
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1020156.JPG   P1020157.JPG   P1020158.JPG   P1020159.JPG   P1020160.JPG  

Last edited by wilsonneal; 03-18-2011 at 09:29 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: link to photo

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If cameras could talk....

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Price too high? Make an offer. Not going to give it away, as it can sit on the shelf as an interesting collector's item, but will listen to reasonable offers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Man I am soooooo tempted...
    How much does a fairly clean one go for these days?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sold.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin