Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,748   Posts: 1,515,745   Online: 1094

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mamiya Paramender

Mamiya Paramender for TLR in exc condition. No rust, operates smoothly. I believe this is a Type 2, but I'm not positive.

The Paramender is used between the camera and tripod for close ups. It adjusts for the difference (parallax) between the viewing and taking lenses. You focus with the viewing lens, then raise up with the Paramender so the taking lens is now in the exact same position as the tripod. I suppose you could do the same thing with a geared column of your tripod if precisely marked - but then you wouldn't have a Paramender.

$55 plus actual shipping. 10 day return privilege (less shipping). % to APUG.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paramender 1.jpg   Paramender 2.jpg  
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Advice for potential buyers: If you try to use the geared column for the rise, you'll find you can only do this if the tripod platform is at exactly 90 deg. to the column. A PITA, especially for close-ups, when you really need that rise. The Paramender is indispensable for a Mamiya TLR. If I didn't have one (also a type 2) I'd snap this one up in a second. (No, I have no relation to mgb74!)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    PM sent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I agree. A must for anyone who wishes to seriously use their C series camera to its full benefit. I rely on it so often that I bought an extra just in case when it came up for sale cheap. And this one seems to be a good price.

I don't know if this is a model 2. It is a knob version. Both of mine are lever versions, and the lever version is the kind called "Paramender Model 2" in my Mamiya Systems Handbook. It also shows a Model 3, which appears to more like an actual tripod head, with tilt. Model 1 is not listed in the Handbook, so this knob version may be it. Cannot say I know for sure, though.

The lock knob on one of these puppies happened to catch on the last rail of my wagon's roof rack on the way back from Yosemite after I left it on the roof while taking a shot before leaving the park. I noticed it when I got gas about 60 miles later. The entire Paramender was overhanging the rear edge of the roof, with just the knob trapped under the rail keeping it there. Yikes!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sold. Hopefully won't see as much drama as 2F/2F's.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin