Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,450   Posts: 1,643,542   Online: 1092

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Canon Film Chamber FN-100 for New F-1 with loader and cassettes

I've got to get rid of some of these excess spares I have, and let someone actually use them, instead of keeping them on the shelf for when my main ones break... when Canon gear is so bulletproof!

I've heard people complain that they can never buy all the parts to the Canon bulk back all together, so how can they ever own one? Well, here you go - all the parts, all together in one lot! There's the Film Chamber FN-100 that replaces the standard back on the F-1 New; two of the Film Magazine FN-100 that holds 100 exposures of film (one for the feed, one for the takeup); and the Loader 250II that lets you click off just the right length of film from your bulk roll onto the film magazine spool (in the dark of course!) These are all in extremely nice shape, and it even includes the dust cover for the chamber. The chamber back has a silver sticker on it that looks to have been from a Canon depot (Repair? Rental? Not sure since most of the printing is worn off.) There's a little tape residue on the tops of the magazines. Other than that everything looks pretty much brand new, and functions perfectly....though you'll need to supply your own F-1N and motor drive. Though frankly if you need those too I can supply them for a price! (I have a LOT of spares...)

This is actually the correct loader for this back - it has the extra click stop and orange numbers at the 100 position to make it easy in the dark to set it up for loading these carts. You could certainly use the old or new loader for old or new carts, but having that click stop for the new carts makes it even easier. And this still has the flanged core adapter with it.

I'd like to get $450 for the whole thing, and I'll eat the Paypal fees and pay the shipping anywhere in the world, included in that price.

I have a couple of more spare FN-100 backs without the accessories if you want to have a spare when you buy this one; let's talk. And if you have the older F-1 and wish this were the Film Chamber 250 instead... well I have this exact same setup for that too! I'll be posting that later on as part of a group of older mechanical F-1 stuff I'll be selling, but if you're interested, PM me.

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Bump

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    This is one of those things I've always wanted, and would have snapped up a couple of years ago for bird photography, but I don't think I can even get color slide films I'd want to shoot in bulk any more. I usually prefer Provia 100F, which B&H used to carry in 100 foot rolls as an import, but no longer. There's still B&W easily available in bulk, but B&W I tend to shoot in large or medium format.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, perhaps I could also be talked out of a couple of the 100' rolls of Provia I have in my freezer :-)

Ultrafineonline, amongst other places, still seems to have Fuji slide films in bulk now and again. I grab it as I can afford it.

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Bump!

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Perhaps a bit off-topic but once you've got 100 (or 250) exposures banged out, what sort of processing reel to do spin it into to develop it? I've done many rolls of 36 and 24 exp in my tanks but 100 or 250 exp rolls ...? I assume there must be some massive reels and tanks you use ...?
    Carl
    Minneapolis, MN, USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This thread will give you an idea of processing long rolls of film. The second page has a pictures of reels and tanks for processing.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/8...-loader-2.html

Gord

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Here's another thread on what I use for processing this stuff:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/7...roll-35mm.html

And of course for color, all you need is a cooperative lab with a roller transport machine. For instance I have gotten a bunch of 100-exposure rolls of E6 done at E-Six labs in Atlanta. Their slide imprinter even goes to 3 digits :-) (I load them a little long, so I get 3*36=108 exposures at a time.)

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Duncan and Gord ... thank you for the information. Duncan, I had no idea there was such a things as a "roller transport machine" ... hmm, I wonder which of my local processors would support that?! I'll have to challenge them with my question next time I stop in (there are some really good labs locally with film geeks working in them -- they'd appreciate the question).

Carl
    Carl
    Minneapolis, MN, USA

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well unfortunately I've seen a lot of the remaining quality labs tout how they *don't* have roller-transport machines, but dip-n-dunk instead. For normal lengths of film with today's levels of film-customer quantity it probably is better to not have to deal with keeping a roller transport machine clean and profitably utilized. Luckily E-Six Labs can do it all - they have enough business to make it worthwhile, and they do it in a quality manner. I've been very happy with the results (and hope enough other people keep sending them film to keep that machine humming!)

Duncan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin