Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,751   Posts: 1,515,818   Online: 1070

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Barry S.
    Old thread, I know. An easy, inexpensive hood for Mamiya, TLR's, is to use step-up rings.
    Step-up the 46mm and 49mm lenses, up to 52mm. There are several sellers on the *Bay
    that sell cheap 52mm hoods; $3.50-$6.00 USD.

If you don't all ready have filters for this 52mm size, that's fine. Now when you use lenses with
    either 46mm or 49mm, you will only need one size filter to work on both lens sizes for the Mamiya TLR.
    There were some older chrome lenses for the Mamiya, TLR, that have an even smaller filter size. (40.5mm IIRC (?)
    Same procedure; step-up those lenses to 52mm, too.

The 52mm step-up rings, and hoods can remain attached to your lenses, as there is very little shadow vignetting
    visible in the viewfinder through the viewing lens. Step-up rings can be found for around $2.50-$5.00 USD.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc B. View Post
    Barry S.
    Old thread, I know. An easy, inexpensive hood for Mamiya, TLR's, is to use step-up rings.
    Step-up the 46mm and 49mm lenses, up to 52mm. There are several sellers on the *Bay
    that sell cheap 52mm hoods; $3.50-$6.00 USD.

If you don't all ready have filters for this 52mm size, that's fine. Now when you use lenses with
    either 46mm or 49mm, you will only need one size filter to work on both lens sizes for the Mamiya TLR.
    There were some older chrome lenses for the Mamiya, TLR, that have an even smaller filter size. (40.5mm IIRC (?)
    Same procedure; step-up those lenses to 52mm, too.

The 52mm step-up rings, and hoods can remain attached to your lenses, as there is very little shadow vignetting
    visible in the viewfinder through the viewing lens. Step-up rings can be found for around $2.50-$5.00 USD.
    The best hood for the Mamiya C 55 mm lens is the Mamiya one because it was computed to be most effective for the optic and it's hinged at the top to prevent the light bouncing off it in strong sunlight and obscuring the viewing lens without effecting the viewfinder screen,http://www.flickr.com/photos/35521202@N00/521118826/ other options without doubt are cheaper, but it's worth getting the right thing.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ben, I guess I'll just have to agree to dis-agree. I think my way is much easier to use/change, filters/polarizers.
    (Tah-mah-toe, To-may-toe)!<grin>
    But, at least we seem to agree on using a hood in the first place.

Marc
    Last edited by Marc B.; 11-16-2011 at 08:54 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Just a warning Barry, the wide angle lenses for the Mamiya C system had a reputation for being pretty variable in quality even when they were new some were excellent and others garbage, you have to be careful especially if there is any evidence that some previous owner has dismantled them to "clean" them, and destroyed the lenses collimation causing the elements to be no longer centred and parallel to each other .
    I wasn't able to find any comments elsewhere on the 'net about inconsistent quality for the 55mm lens (other than the normal fungus problems). This was my search. Could you find me some posts/evidence of people discussing this problem because I'm on the lookout for a 55mm Mamiya Sekor for my C330f and I'd like to know what to be mindful of.

Thanks
    Peter
    Last edited by PeterB; 05-17-2012 at 08:26 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin