Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,373   Online: 796

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Yashica Electro 35 GSN

I am selling a Yashica Electro 35 GSN rangefinder camera. It is in excellent LN condition (no scratches & dings), and fully working.

- Color-Yashinon DX f/1.7 45mm lens, stops down to f/16 (scratch, fungus & haze free)
    - Light seals have been replaced and tested
    - Includes original lens cap, camera strap and case
    - An Exell A32/A164 6 volt alkaline battery is included

Price: $55 + $6 shipping CONUS. PayPal or cash accepted. As-is and no returns.

Available for pickup in NYC.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beautiful! And it even has the original hot shoe cover. This is a very nice and super quiet camera. If I didn't have two of these already, I'd buy this in an instant.

Good luck with the sale!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shipping cost to Canada (Regina, SK S4R 1A1)?
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi PhotoJim,I think20-30$ from NY with fedex,it is very good camera I have same at home
    PS....two crappy 4x5 cameras...camera is no crappy,I am fix junk from 1908 Ponny Premo.
    Borek from Thunder Bay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Sen View Post
    Beautiful! And it even has the original hot shoe cover. This is a very nice and super quiet camera. If I didn't have two of these already, I'd buy this in an instant.

Good luck with the sale!
    Exactly. They truly are the poor man's Leica. I suggest that anyone considering a Leica, but who has never shot a rangefinder, try one of these for a year first. I have two already, though I lucked out and happened to get them for horribly cheap at thrift shops ($5 total for the two of them). One has the hot shoe cover too.

As for the battery issue, you just need to get a battery that has about the right voltage (5.6 to 6 V work fine) and make an adapter so it fits the compartment.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    It takes fantastic photos and one will not be disappointed with the results... exposure wise.

As 2F/2F stated, it's perfect for those who have never shot with a rangefinder before. I've always shot with an SLR/DSLR and this camera was my introduction to rangefinders.

BTW, a battery adapter is not necessary if you use the Exell A32/A164 battery.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Sen View Post

Good luck with the sale!
    It was a hard and long thought out decision to sell this. I was saving it for my daughter but she decided she didn't want it. The condition of this camera superb and definitely very quiet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to know about those batteries. I have adapted Radio Shack batteries to mine using tape and copper foil. Where do you get the Exells, and how much are they? How long do they last?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    The battery was purchased at http://www.batterymart.com for $6.95. I bought the battery about 9 months ago and it's still going strong. To prevent possible battery drain, I always remove it from the camera when the camera is not in use.

Shooter
    35mm

PM Sent

PM sent regarding this camera.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin