Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,887   Online: 1199

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

FS: More weird film 5" Aerecon Panatomic-X, 9.5" E200

OK, clearing more of my weird film out of the freezer.

I've got a 5" by 200 foot roll of 3412 Panatomic-X Aerecon II film. This stuff can make for some amazing images, but it's such an insanely thin Estar base that my dreams of directly cutting it into 4x5 sheets have been mostly thwarted so far. Someone with far more patience or cleverer ideas than I for how to do this... or someone wanting to cut it down into 120, 127, 70mm, or whatever formats... is going to be much happier than I am. This is a sealed full roll that's been on ice the whole time I've had it and was supposedly well kept before that. (I've been working out of a second open roll from the same source and it's in fine shape, so there's every reason to believe this will be too.) I'd like to get $250 for this, including shipping anywhere in the world. If you miss out on this one and are interested in the open fairly-full roll I've been working from, let's talk. I'd kind of like to keep trying, but could also be talked out of that if someone else really wants it.

Next up is a weird one. A 9.5" by 100 foot roll of Kodak Electronic Output Film 200. This was designed for taking pictures of CRTs, or for being printed by a CRT-based film recorder, or somesuch. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't take passable pictures of other subjects though. I would think a little color correction might be necessary, but 100 feet gives you a lot to experiment with! My intention was to use it in that Cirkut 10 camera it looks like I'm never actually going to own after all, so now I'm giving it up so someone else can pursue some dream of their own with it. Again, been frozen the whole time I've had it, previous owner also says kept frozen, but no idea for sure if it's any good. Unlike the Aerecon, I don't have a second roll I've been testing with to have a clue about that. I'd like to get $125 for this, including shipping anywhere in the world.

Duncan

Aerecon

Picture taken with the Aerecon

Close-up detail of that picture

Grain?

Ektachrome Electronic Output Film

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

More weird film 5" Aerecon Panatomic-X

Hello Duncan: PM sent for 5" Aerecon Panatomic-X.

Doug

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Let me reiterate - those prices above include shipping to anywhere in the world, and I'll use Priority Mail so we'll have tracking. I'll also eat the Paypal fees if you use that for payment.

In response to another question - how to develop the film so it's not so contrasty - I've been metering it at ASA 25, then developing in Rodinal 1:50 for 10 minutes. I'm not really trying to use "semi-stand development" but that's kind of how it ends up, since I'm scared to death of knocking these wisps of film out of the tracks of my Nikor cut sheet reel. So I just kind of gently swish it around a few times during development and that's it. To my eye it results in a wonderfully rich negative, but I'm also kind of a contrasty guy, so maybe I'm just more tolerant of contrast. You can decide for yourself what you think of the above image as an example. (That was directly scanned, not printed, which probably added a bit of contrast...)

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    WOW! Cut your own 4x5 sheets from a bulk roll? It's like a dream come true. I say "like" because I'm broke and can't snap this up. Another missed opportunity.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sealed 5" Aerecon film is SOLD

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    9.5" Electronic Output film is SOLD

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Duncan, Just got the film. THANKS!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by onnect17 View Post
    Duncan, Just got the film. THANKS!!!
    Duncan,
    I exposed some of the e200 today. No bad for a 16 years old emulsion.
    Thanks again!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tavern-e200-08.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Wow, nice! Especially not bad considering it was tuned towards recording CRTs. Well, that should last you for a few pictures...

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Close to 300 sheets of 4x9.5"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin