Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,029   Online: 848

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FS - Steven Tyler for 8x10?

If Steven Tyler was a lens, this might be him (he?) This thing is one ugly piece of metal and glass. However, that won't stop you from having photos as nice as daughter Liv, right?

This came with a camera I bought and I don't need it. It is a B&L Tessar for 8x10, but at some point the white paint info on the lens was painted black - to reduce glare? No idea. It is approx 12", f4.5, easily covers 8x10. The iris works smooth as silk and the glass is good, just very dirty, just like Steven... Flange is included.

Weighs 48oz. OD of flange abut 4 1/2". Approx 4" tall.

The sunshade is bent a bit and the paint has taken some abuse, so it isn't going to win a beauty prize. However, these are terrific lenses . For an article on tessars:

http://www.zeiss.com/C12567A8003B8B6..._en_tessar.pdf

Similar lenses to this have been listed here and on Ebay for $200 or more, but they weren't nearly so ugly as this baby.

I'd like to get $110 including USA shipping for this ugly duckling, but if that seems crazy to you, make me an offer. Non-US ok, but this thing is heavy and will cost a lot to ship. Paypal is ok, but my dog prefers USPS money orders since the tellers give her treats when we deposit them. $$ to APUG if sold here.

Cheers, Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One big difference: that lens doesn't make me worry about getting hepatitis or anything other than a good photo!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ok, I'll kick in $10 for a vaccination... How about $100 including shipping in the USA?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    sold pending payment over on LFPF.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You sure thats not Keith Richards of lenses.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    You sure thats not Keith Richards of lenses.
    Aw Rick,

Ya beat me to it. I think it would have to be a lot more messed up to be the Keith Richards of lenses, a high fungus content would probably help clinch that"honor". probably
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin